Model Cars Magazine Forum

Sprintcar pics - up to '07 specs

steamboy

So I found these pics while playing on my new iMac. Thought I'd share...

My sister asked me to build a friend's car down in Knoxville, IA.

waressprint1.jpg

First was to get the body up to date, didn't care much about frame detail.

waressprint.jpg

Next came a modern wheel, seemed to work out nicely...never thought I'd find a use for those crappy wheels from the Dodge Stealth kit!

weld.jpg

Starting to look alittle mean...

wares2.jpg

Overall, I was happy with the results. Wish I would have cast the parts for future builds.

wares5.jpg

Thanks, not too many more pics, unfortunately. I kept it "curbside" without even an intake as you'd never see it anyhow.

I did make the decals on my Mac with Illustrator, photoshop and inkjet printer. They are OK, the black/red fade was not so good.

wares3.jpg

wares4.jpg

wares6.jpg

Thanks again, the hood is spit from the hole to the back edge. To install it, I had to pull the sides out slightly and slide it past. This was one of my dilemas too, but it works quite nicely.

The padding if I remember is a thin slice of foam sheet from Michaels Crafts. Its sticky backed foam sheets I found in different thicknesses and colors. Then wrapped with black wire and twisted on the back.

Same with the steering wheel pad and the kneepad, attached to a small aluminum plate.