Model Cars Magazine Forum

59 El Camino pulling truck

• 5 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 8 months later...

hi my name is chris. i love this model and i have a few questions for you. first where do u find things like the upwards headers and the open style tires or did you have to custom make them yourself? The whole reason i ask is that i am building my fiance a 4wd open truck in real life and i wanted to make her a model of one for xmas.. she has supported me on the track for the last 3 yrs both mentally and financially so besides her actual pulling truck id like to make her something that she can put on the trophy shelf that is solely hers and info or direction on where to find or make a plain jane truck model into a bad ass pulling truck would be greatly appreciated.

The tires are from the Orange Blossom Special kit from the eighties. The best way to get them now is from a resin caster, I think Alan Raab at Ma's Resin makes them. Those headers look to be custom made but you can find ones like them in the MPC El Camino monster truck and the Mad Mudder pulling Blazer, again, those kits are hard to find so looking for a resin set is probably your best bet.