Model Cars Magazine Forum

Thunderbolt Gasser

maltsr

This is my latest build, ready for our club theme night on Thursday.

It started off as the Hubert Platt car (v2) but got waylaid (again). The original paint attacked the plastic so I sanded it smooth again, re-primed and shot a few light coats of colour. Unfortunately the craziness appeared in the metallic paint, but a quick blast of Testors Dullcote remedied that.

I added the engine from the Model King Dick Brannan Mustang, the front suspension from the AMT '37 Chevy, parts box bucket seats, roll cage and Moon gas tank. Wheels n tyres are from the Thunderbolt kit with hand painted whitewalls.

Thanks for looking.

018.jpg

017.jpg

004-1.jpg

Edited by maltsr

I like it ! Gonna go for third time lucky or take a break from the Platt car?

Dunno yet Brett. I have several more decal sets but the chassis and wheels are already set up for the Platt car ;)

As for BMF, I have already built and foiled six of these (five in the last year :blink: ) so I thought I would give it a rest this time :rolleyes:

004-2.jpg

Dunno yet Brett. I have several more decal sets but the chassis and wheels are already set up for the Platt car :D

As for BMF, I have already built and foiled six of these (five in the last year :o ) so I thought I would give it a rest this time B)

Well that makes some sense...

Very nice collection they all look awesome!