Model Cars Magazine Forum

A Cord concept vehicule

spad007

i had this brain gas and drew it up thought i would share it with you.

i did see some one doing up a Lindberg cord kit here some where.

one might buy 2 or 3 kits and bash scratch one up.

i know there is a dubs model all ready sorta like this but its not a kit.

CordTruck_01.jpg

Render test.Maya.

CordTruckPersp2.jpg

I like your pencil drawing...a lot. I would go with a roof that's more rounded and lose the angle chop. The fenders looks somewhat like those on the "Extremeliner", which is available as a diecast or a resin kit from Testors/Jimmy Flintstone.

1937StudebakerExtremeliner_02.jpg

I think you have a REALLY cool idea. I like it so much I just bought the only extremeliner resin kit on ebay :)

I like your pencil drawing...a lot. I would go with a roof that's more rounded and lose the angle chop. The fenders looks somewhat like those on the "Extremeliner", which is available as a diecast or a resin kit from Testors/Jimmy Flintstone.

1937StudebakerExtremeliner_02.jpg

I think you have a REALLY cool idea. I like it so much I just bought the only extremeliner resin kit on ebay :)

i like Deco art especially if it's a car.Delahay fenders

and as to the roof line you might be right. a eyebrow is ok .

un chopped but layed back wind screen? the door gets weird.

i will give it a shot and see what happens..

are you going to build one?

That's the plan.

Also take a look at the front fenders from Heller's Delahaye.

374C76F374294C4C6B5E244C4C692B.jpg

I don't know any (affordable) kit that has 4 enclosed fenders like your drawing. I'll go with open front fenders. And hey- there's nothing wrong with mixing fenders from 2 different kits or widening them, or....

I have that Delahaye kit. The box art shows a peak on the front fenders but the kit parts are rounded. I added the peak with a piece of brass wire and some putty. I saw a WIP in which a guy widened the Delahaye fenders.

I like your idea a lot. I have a glue bomb Monogram Cord that's I'm going to dig out and brainstorm on.

Edited by LDO

yes yes B) i see it if it lasts till tomorrow i will get it. have to go to bank first.

thanks i for got all about Model Master.

are you going to build one?

Ok! I sent for it should arrive here 15th or 18th now what.:lol:

this is going to be hard to paint. i thought i saw a how to or utube thing on painting one

i will look for it later

And Thanks for the heads up and link. :blink:

WOW. Very cool!

Just a question... not sure what you're doing with the stepped back end, but I kind of like it. Is that what you're planning on doing on the actual model? This thing would look great with a '30's car hauler body on it, like the one on the Danbury Mint GMC diecast model.

100_0955-vi.jpg

Edited by Count Chuckula

WOW. Very cool!

Just a question... not sure what you're doing with the stepped back end, but I kind of like it. Is that what you're planning on doing on the actual model? This thing would look great with a '30's car hauler body on it, like the one on the Danbury Mint GMC diecast model.

100_0955-vi.jpg

Stepped side boards deco art does many things in Threes.look at the trim on the Jimmy.... Threes you see?

rear end. i can make it a car hauler or throw in a fifth wheel like a duely pu . maybe a tow rig?

i think of this as a between full size truck and a pick up some thing like a one ton but a scoch bigger.

just big enough to haul a 20's or 30's car not too wide and not too long.

gerr had a one potato too potato moment ..

back latter..

Ok! I sent for it should arrive here 15th or 18th now what.B)

this is going to be hard to paint. i thought i saw a how to or utube thing on painting one

i will look for it later

And Thanks for the heads up and link. :lol:

it came today man that was fast give me some time to look it over.

it's complete man that is one heavy casting .

The focal point on the Cord has to be that coffin nose! Be sure to keep the design elements from that, the rest will be stylin'!

Yes Sir the nose and the hide away headlights but the flex exhaust pipes might not work.Maybe only 2 pipes a side.

the trim must stay as it is part of the grill its hard to see in my reference photos but in front

the grill opening is behind the wraparound bars.

While I would hate to influence your design, since you are off to such a wonderful start...

Something to consider is that designers from that era have already tackled your project before. That of designing a blunt nosed vehicle with an "Art Deco" flair. I am writing about of course LOCOMOTIVE designs!

ChryslerAirflow1934train-vi.jpg

CNW400-vi.jpg

Click the first picture and see some of the more radical examples out there that I have collected. Also a good search of Google is in order I believe.

Good luck with this neat project! :lol:

While I would hate to influence your design, since you are off to such a wonderful start...

Something to consider is that designers from that era have already tackled your project before. That of designing a blunt nosed vehicle with an "Art Deco" flair. I am writing about of course LOCOMOTIVE designs!

ChryslerAirflow1934train-vi.jpg

CNW400-vi.jpg

Click the first picture and see some of the more radical examples out there that I have collected. Also a good search of Google is in order I believe.

Good luck with this neat project! :rolleyes:

Wow thats Cool thanks. i did some research on stream liners i did find the Disney streamliner but not so fine a collection as yours.

i have been setting up a stream lined train In Maya but put it aside for now.

do a search for art deco cars man a guy can spend hours looking.

• 5 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Another interesting vehicle that sort of follows along with this art deco styling although not quite in the amount as the ones shwn above, is the Futurliner. Quite a story.

FuturLiner.jpg

I may have to build one someday in the future.

gasser, if your looking for info on a 1/24 build go here. http://www.joeld.net/futurliner/linerscale.html Hasn't been updated in a while though.

I hope you don't mind... but I have a few suggestions for your design:

CordTruck_02.jpg

Mind? Mind? Heck no. I don't mind. Yes my model as i am building is sort of set in putty but any take off's

are welcome . yours looks good to me. a bit shorter look, more streamlined not coffin nosed. not a stubby.

cab roof better refined? Thank you for adding you take on my drawing. Any one else ?