Model Cars Magazine Forum

68 camaro pro mod w.i.p updates 09/20/11

tyrone

what's up fellas, this will be my next project, I did the Shafiroff build about 2 years ago now and that was my first attempt at doing one of these pro mods. I've learned alot since then and I regret that I did not open the doors on that build so I decided to build another one.This one will not be the Shafiroff car though, not sure on a color yet. I had this body sitting around from flashoint, I've done a lot of sanding on the body already trying to get it cleaned up. I used the floor pan from the 55/57 pro sportsman of course, here what I have so far..

001.jpg

002-1.jpg

006-3.jpg

004-3.jpg

005-3.jpg

Edited by tyrone

Hey, Tyrone... After the 71 and 69 Camaro, I can't wait to see this one. I've got one of the Flashpoint 67-68 bodies, too. One thing I'm not happy about with these bodies is the door openings. The front and rear of the doors are straight? The real 67-68 has an arched front door line... as does every 1:1 Pro Mod I've ever seen.

2858806630082984748S600x600Q85.jpg

2873880340082984748S600x600Q85.jpg

The red car is Jim Halseys. Fastest nitrous Pro Mod in the world. He owns our local dragstrip, that I race at (Cecil County Dragway)

2172402690082984748S600x600Q85.jpg

2173229740082984748S600x600Q85.jpg

Any thoughs on paint yet?

Frank

Thanks for the comments fellas, I was able to get some work done on this one tonight. I'm almost done with the cage area and the bars going out to the back, next I'll start on the bars going out to the front and move the front lower control arms forward to center in the wheel wells, thanks for looking and comments welcome.....

030-1.jpg

031.jpg

034.jpg

036.jpg

038.jpg

039.jpg

Edited by tyrone

Thanks for the comments fellas, crowe-t the cage is all scratch built except for the funny cage area that comes with the 55/57 chevy kits I only use the outside part though. Richard the spoiler was made like that from flashpoint, it's a little tall to me though so I'm going to fill in the seam and then sand it down a bit thanks for following guys...

hey fellas I have the chassis about 75% done, I got the firewall done and the front part of the floor was filled in w/sheet styrene. I've also started on the bars out front and moved the lower spring arms forward, it fits nice and snug inside the body, so far so good, thanks for looking and comments welcome.

001-1.jpg

002-1-1.jpg

003-1-1.jpg

004-3-1.jpg

005-3-1.jpg

a few uodates fellas I got some more bars and bracing done on the front end, I got the upper strut mounts done, and went ahead and cut everything apart, here's a few mock up pics thanks for looking and comments welcome...

023-1.jpg

025-1.jpg

026-1.jpg

027.jpg

Tyrone, The Chassis is looking great! I see you changed the angles of the door cutout. The doors didn't look right on the Flashpoint body and now look correct. Excellent work as always. When I do get around to building my first Pro Mod, I'll be using your pictures as reference.

Edited by crowe-t

thanks for the comments fellas, got the trunk floor done, the wheelie bars are done, and the front bars and fuel cell mounting is done, put a light coat of primer on to check for flaws, more to come thanks for looking and comments welcome...

036-1.jpg

035-1.jpg

034-1.jpg

029-1-1.jpg

030-1-1.jpg

Edited by tyrone

what's up fellas, I've been working on this on a little I added sheet styrene to the doors to fill in the gaps, I'm thinking about going with black wheels on this one what do you think ???? thanks for looking and comments welcome...

001-2.jpg

003-1-2.jpg

003.jpg

what's up fella's I've been working on this one today, I got the doors mounted, and I also got the inner door panels done. I also added a piece of styrene, to the lower rocker panels and front end to give a little more lower stance and to also stiffen up the part of the rocker attached to the body, that part is real thin after cutting the doors out, thanks for looking and comments welcome...

010.jpg

011.jpg

012.jpg

013.jpg

this pic is with the piece of styrene added to the rocker panel.

015.jpg