Model Cars Magazine Forum

P.P.F

cazxr2

next to hit the bench is this the revell Ferrari 348. Going to be for my daughters room. There's a little story to why it's a Ferrari. Me and my wife just had our first baby(little girl Amber) on the 23 feb. But while Amber was in my wides tummy I read to her every night. As a car nut (mostly exoctics) I read about ferraris like 5 days out of 7. And nearly everytime I would reed aboout them I would get a few good kicks. So I figured she must be like me a car nut. And as we are yet to decorate her room. We did not know the sex till she was born. We are about to decorate her room. And I thought what better for a shelf than some custom pink ferraris. Starting with this one. Colour is either going to be pink with black stripes or black with pink. And I got my good friend on here diymirage to make me some custom decals.

Here's pics of what am starting with

63f2d0e1.jpg

c4756bd0.jpg

:lol:

Funny thing cazxr2, I had a similar thought when my daughter was born (now 7yrs) So I started a kit that I had but would never build since it's a Chevy product. (not really a fan).

This is my Photoshop mockup I used for inspiration.

aa2015.jpg

Edited by steamboy

Got some time today to glue body parts together and throw down some layers. Still needs a few more coats and tidy up. But thought I'd show u guys how bright it is. Wow its bright. :o everything Else is primed up ready for Paint.

d8996e75.jpg

Edited by cazxr2

Craig...

I am 100% certain that your daughter WILL spot that in her room!

That Fluorescent paint will likely dry with a flat finish. The one model I painted with Fluorescent paint, I added decals b4 spraying the clear. BIG mistake! The decals will 'silver' on the surface. So please clear the Fluorescent paint before you add any decals!

Good luck with that build! Be sure to wear shades when you handle it! B)

Hi guys Thanks for all the incouragment I acctually thought that doing a pink Ferrari I'd be met with hate mail form the purest. But everybody has been very nice. Got few more coats on Gona give it couple of days to dry then hit it with clear. Was unsure weather to keep the wheels chrome but after much though I've painted them black. Will get pics tomoro as it's 9.30 pm so a bit dark. ;) Craig

Edited by cazxr2

• 3 months later...

Hi all project pink Ferrari is back on the bench. After a very hard couple of months with my wee girl having major heart surgery. She's doing great now, so I'm finding 30 mins here and there to get back on with the modeling. I received the decals from diymirage thanks mate. So got the body decal on. Also started to assemble the engine. Painted the interior parts purple (yes pink body purple interior) will get pics up in 5 mins. :)

Updates at last!!! Got the engine and interior pretty much near finished.

eef87edc.jpg

6fb72007.jpg

And I've got an outside picture of the body. Hoping to wrap this up soon. Had a few problems as it's been sitting in the shed getting brittle. Just got the glass to put in and another couple of things.

Hope anybody watching are enjoying. B)

nice to see some progess on this ride

i take it this means everything is on the up and up with Amber?

Yeah mate. We had a appointment with the caridiolagis last week. Think I slept that wrong. And they are happy with how she's doing. And we don't need to go back fir 6 mths. Thanks for the concern and thanks again for the decals. :D