Model Cars Magazine Forum

1955 Chevy Cameo & Custom Stepside

Here's my '55 chebe trucks I built a while back with better pics... You'll probably remember these from the other site.

First off: The Cameo

Mopar suspension up front, stock in the rear. Lowered with X-mods wheels 'n' tires and disc brakes, ans an LS7 mated to an automatic 5 speed with a reworked side exhaust system from a F-150 Lightning. The tan interior has racing buckets and an S10 console... Body mods are minimal such as some smoothing ans shaveing of some spots.

Also added a girtar because I was building this one for last years Cannonbal Run for that site.

Paint is Colorplace Fire Red, polished and cleared with future:

DSC01983.jpg

DSC01984.jpg

DSC01986.jpg

DSC01987.jpg

For the other Cameo that was turned into a custom Stepside using the bed and such from the Monogram '55 ford pick-up.

This one was in a ###### pile from my early days. Luckly it wasn't painted and I had almost all the parts to revive it except for the BED which held this one back for many months, untill I got a Monogram F-100 that would serve the base for my wedge hauler, and it's bed would possibly be used for my Cameo Resurrection project. After taking measurements the bed fit perfictly on the Cameo and I decided to go with that. I monochromed the bumpers, smoothed out some stuff, and as usial, did my famous custom treatment. For the Engine I used what I beleve was a 454 from an AMT '70 Chevelle SS with different heads

Paint is Valspar Sky Blue polshed and futured.

DSC01988.jpg

DSC01989.jpg

DSC01990.jpg

• 4 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...