Model Cars Magazine Forum

Revellogram 1/24 1993 Mustang Cobra

I'll ask the fox body experts here since I don't know alot about the 1:1s or kits...

Was the 1/24 Revellogram 1993 Cobra kit ever available by itself, or only in this combo kit?

I've got a friend with a LOW mileage 1:1 and I'd like to get a kit for him.

Mustangcombokit.jpg

Thanks in advance! :blink:

It was initially availible sometime around 1994 as a stand-alone kit. Then it was added to that combo you have. Just two (maybe three) years ago, the re-released it in their 'Streetburners' line with custom wheels as well as all the stock parts. Yellow car with Blue graphics on the box-top.

FOX Mustangs are one of my loves, and for what it was based off of, the kit of the 1993 Cobra has the best body proportions of the 'Aero FOX' kits offered by R-M. The engine upper dress is completely wrong for the real car, but it is still a good kit.

Edited by whale392

To clear things up here, the first issue of the '93 SVT Cobra WAS 1997 (box car had the worng photo for the ultra rare convertable, but the build-up pics dispect the hardtop which is what's in the box). Then it was re-released in the Cobra combo pack (with correct photo of hardtop) also consisting of the '69 Mach 1 COBRA JET and '97 SVT Cobra convertable around 1999 or 2000 (don't remember which, prolly 1999).

Recently (around 2007ish), the '93 Cobra was reissued in the "Motor City Muscle" line-up as a 2-in-1 with the stock parts, plus a new custom option with custom wheels 'n low-pro tires and fugly blue lowrider style graphics (though it also came with stock decals like the gagues and such).

Hope this helps,

Ok, as to the 1993 Cobra....it NEVER was offered as a convertible. NEVER. Ford didn't even prototype one. So your memory may be a LOT skewed on that. As to the original release, it may have been 1997, and the box shown IS the original release. You are correct on the latest reissue being the 'Motor City Muscle' release. As I stated, it is a Yellow box art car with Blue graphics (I incorrectly stated it to be in the 'Streetburners' series; that is the SVO I am thinking of there). I have almost a dozen of both the original release and the recent re-issue. If you want to get real crazy, combine it with the Tamiya 1994 Mustang GT 'convertible' wheels and the upper intake/valve covers from the Tamiya 1995 CobraR kit and make the RARE 1993 CobraR...availible only in RED.

Ok, as to the 1993 Cobra....it NEVER was offered as a convertible. NEVER. Ford didn't even prototype one. So your memory may be a LOT skewed on that. As to the original release, it may have been 1997, and the box shown IS the original release. You are correct on the latest reissue being the 'Motor City Muscle' release. As I stated, it is a Yellow box art car with Blue graphics (I incorrectly stated it to be in the 'Streetburners' series; that is the SVO I am thinking of there). I have almost a dozen of both the original release and the recent re-issue. If you want to get real crazy, combine it with the Tamiya 1994 Mustang GT 'convertible' wheels and the upper intake/valve covers from the Tamiya 1995 CobraR kit and make the RARE 1993 CobraR...availible only in RED.

Coulda swore I saw one that had a convertable on the box or was it my imagination... Or I might've got it mixed up '92 GT convertable. Anyways, sorry about the mixup it's my mistake, hee, hee.

Again, itsa been a while since I saw the first issue.

Coulda swore I saw one that had a convertable on the box or was it my imagination... Or I might've got it mixed up '92 GT convertable. Anyways, sorry about the mixup it's my mistake, hee, hee.

Again, itsa been a while since I saw the first issue.

Are you thinking of the New Monkees convertable kit from Monogram?

At any rate, this page has pics of nearly all the bi-scale Fox Mustang kits from '79-'93:

http://www.mustanggt.org/fun/plastic.htm