Model Cars Magazine Forum

Name that Motor

I just tried all three, the original one Mike posted I got 16 correct. The engine one Greg posted I got 14 right and the vehicle ID for the GM cars of the 60s was 59% (33 of 56), the non GM cars of the 60s was 73% (35 of 48), and the auto history was horrible at 7 of 17!

12 out of 19, if it was newer engines I could have done better. I'm just getting into the specifics of older cars and not just the aesthetics. And unsurprisingly I got all of the Ford and Mercury engines right.

Edited by SkinnyDan

Now try your luck with these:ID the cars

How about 54 of 56 for a score of 96% for the GM quiz? I got the '61 and '62 Tempests backwards!

95% for the "Non GM" quiz (46 of 48 - I got two years of Chrysler 300 reversed)

And the "Automotive History" quiz? 17 out of 17 for 100% Easy stuff, although I had to think for a second about the Mustang "California Special" question. I'm not into Fords... B)

Edited by CorvairJim

I got 19 of 19. It seemed easy, the only one I had to think about was the 348.

Same here. I almost said 409 on that one, but wasn't sure if 409s ever came with 3x2s. It would've been more difficult if the photos were in black and white, since I used the engine color on a few to make educated guesses on some of the Buick/Olds/Pontiac engines.