• Announcements

• General Usage   05/10/2017

If someone is acting badly, either in a forum or a private message, please report it. There are conveniently located buttons for sending the post to the moderators. 

Joe's Garage Diorama

89 posts in this topic

Posted

Wow that is really special, absolutely one of the very best dios I have seen, incredible attention to detail and the quality of the build is amazing.

Posted

Thanks so much Kenneth. Just about time to dust this off again and add a few more items.

Posted (edited)

While cruising the interweb, I ran across this sign. It is just too cool to not put in the dio. Heck there's some wall space left. I shrunk it down to the proper size, printed it out and covered it with clear packing tape. Once that was done, I roughed it up just a pit, punched holes in the corners to simulate the way to hang an old metal sign. It was cut out with an XActo and used a fine black marker to blacken the paper at the edges. Up it went. Have been finding a few more items for the shop while going through my stash that I've been setting aside. Those will be next sometime in the near future.  Here's your sign.

LionsSign-vi.jpg

More to follow when I get enough items prepped to add.

Edited by gasser59

Posted

The dolly you did, is beautifully built

Posted

Thanks so much Darth. It actually came out better than I thought it would.

Posted

Pictures have all been moved over to Fotki.

Posted

Fantastic job. There is just so much detail you just keep looking at it.

Posted

Thanks James. I have a few more ideas to add to this one.

Posted

This is such a fantastic work on this diorama. I like it very much. Everytime i look at it, i see something new. Very cool.

I´m building a junkyard/shop diorama by myself. I hope the shop turns out as nice as yours. Great inspiration!!

Posted

Thanks for the kind words Michael.

Posted

Your diorama is amazing.

what are the dimension of it if you don't mind telling as I want to build something like this?

Posted

Thanks for your interest Cale and I appreciate your comment. Oh dang, I meant to measure this last night and get back with you. Tonight, I promise.

Posted (edited)

OK Cale. The height is 9", the width is 18" and the depth is 9". This all got started because a friend of mine's brother worked for this glass company and he had made the glass box with a mirrored back and nothing on the bottom. My friend gave it to me to keep the dust off of my models. He had no idea what this would turn into. I built this dio to fit inside the box so I can still lift the glass case off and continue to work on it.

Edited by gasser59

Posted

Ok and thank you very much.