Model Cars Magazine Forum

Joe's Garage

gasser59

• 4 months later...

While cruising the interweb, I ran across this sign. It is just too cool to not put in the dio. Heck there's some wall space left. I shrunk it down to the proper size, printed it out and covered it with clear packing tape. Once that was done, I roughed it up just a pit, punched holes in the corners to simulate the way to hang an old metal sign. It was cut out with an XActo and used a fine black marker to blacken the paper at the edges. Up it went. Have been finding a few more items for the shop while going through my stash that I've been setting aside. Those will be next sometime in the near future.  Here's your sign.

LionsSign-vi.jpg

More to follow when I get enough items prepped to add.

Edited by gasser59

• 2 months later...
  • 3 months later...

OK Cale. The height is 9", the width is 18" and the depth is 9". This all got started because a friend of mine's brother worked for this glass company and he had made the glass box with a mirrored back and nothing on the bottom. My friend gave it to me to keep the dust off of my models. He had no idea what this would turn into. I built this dio to fit inside the box so I can still lift the glass case off and continue to work on it.

Edited by gasser59

• 1 month later...

While going through my stash and loose parts, I've found a few more items to add so I'll being adding them in the next few days since I've been preparing them over the last few days. I built a creeper out of wood that I posted in my '66 Suburban thread but I may just add it to this dio along with a gas can, crankshaft and various other items.

Whenever I get in a slump and just can't seem to find my motivation to get to the bench, I always bring out Joe's Garage dio and I can always find some things to add. That was the case last night. I had collected a few parts over the last few weeks and prepped them. Last night was the time to add them. First was the wooden creeper I had made for the back of the '66 Suburban build but it turned out too nice to hide in the back of the 'Burb. I added it behind the welder, against the wall.

2v2uiAAZ8xAhY3V.jpg

Next, I pulled a few of the plastic jugs from the many Fujimi tools kits I have and painted them a light blue for some contrast with all of the red and grey. Put them behind the 'big meat' as Chris called it.

2v2uiAAYyxAhY3V.jpg

When building the 1/32nd scale Hemi Fiat, I had made two different size metal gas tanks and ended up using the smaller one on that build. I put the larger of them here on the bench.

2v2uiAAsrxAhY3V.jpg

And lastly, somewhere I had acquired a crankshaft which took a bit of prep by sanding all of the seams. I chromed it with one of the new Molotow chrome pens.

2v2uiAAknxAhY3V.jpg

I'll see what else I have to add before putting this back on the shelf. Comments always welcome.

Edited by gasser59

• 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 9 months later...
On 6/7/2016 at 1:12 PM, gasser59 said:

A bit more done with the dolly in place loaded with boxes, a few more packages shoved off in the corner and on the upstairs shelves and made a cabinet above the sink with a few items in it.

BoxesOnCartInPlace-vi.jpg

More to follow, stay tuned.

Brad, what did you use for the stainless steel cladding on the office wall?