Model Cars Magazine Forum

1/16 Scale Army Vega Funny Car - Finished 10/14/2018

Mooneyzs

On 7/1/2016 at 6:58 AM, Mooneyzs said:

Quindi ho deciso di acquistare nuovamente alcuni collegamenti da una società denominata RBS Supercharger per scopi di ricerca, così da poter misurare e disegnare poi nel mio sistema CAD. Finirò per avere questi stampati in 3D. Avevo difficoltà a trovare le dimensioni su questi e ho pensato che la cosa migliore fosse comprarne alcuni e dato che non erano molto costosi ho capito che diamine. E posso trasformarli in arte murale dopo che ho finito. Qual è la stessa cosa che farò con il Chute Pack:

DP-Army-Vega%207455-1_zpstg9o0qti.jpg

Ecco il collegamento Blower redatto:

DP-Army-Vega%207456-1_zpsyo6mnylj.jpg

Ecco un altro collegamento che può essere utilizzato per la valvola a barilotto, il cappello dell'iniettore e la valvola di intercettazione del carburante:

DP-Army-Vega%207457-1_zpsuxn85lta.jpg

Questo collegamento può essere utilizzato anche per valvola di intercettazione del carburante o valvola del barilotto:

DP-Army-Vega%207458-1_zpshcwzukm7.jpg

E ultimo ma non meno importante un arresto del gas che va sul cappello dell'iniettore:

DP-Army-Vega%207459-1_zps6lgeskqz.jpg

hi, I'll introduce myself, my name is Franco, I'm an Italian model, passionate about vintage American dragsters, looking for some documentation to make my model. I found your forum. First of all I congratulate you for its fantastic exceptional achievements !!! I saw that she made 3D pieces that she previously bought in full scale, I'm making a 1/16 revell dragster, and I can not find any pieces. I can send you the drawings in cad of the pieces she has made ? or you can do it for me and then send them. In thanking him, I offer you my best regards Franco, I am attaching some of the pieces that interest me

3986DAF8-A196-4120-84D9-4C4FB46D8D1A.jpeg

7DB659E8-8F30-43B5-A9AD-9AFE67C5307D.jpeg

• 3 weeks later...

Hello Fellas.... I apologize that I haven't had any updates lately. I have had a lot going on at home with my Dog and haven't been on here too much lately. I have been getting a little time here and there on this build when life has allowed me too. I am hoping to have an update to be able to share real soon with you guys.

On 2/18/2018 at 3:57 AM, Ftanco said:

hi, I'll introduce myself, my name is Franco, I'm an Italian model, passionate about vintage American dragsters, looking for some documentation to make my model. I found your forum. First of all I congratulate you for its fantastic exceptional achievements !!! I saw that she made 3D pieces that she previously bought in full scale, I'm making a 1/16 revell dragster, and I can not find any pieces. I can send you the drawings in cad of the pieces she has made ? or you can do it for me and then send them. In thanking him, I offer you my best regards Franco, I am attaching some of the pieces that interest me

On 3/5/2018 at 11:59 PM, Ftanco said:

hi good morning I am an Italian model maker, I would like to know if you can have these drawings in cad of these pieces and then print them thanks

Hello Franco.... thank you for the kind words on my build. Those pics you have shown are pics of the parts I purchased so that I could reverse engineer and model them in my CAD software. I don't own a 3D printer and I don't print my own parts partly because the personal printers arent quite where I would like to see for small detail for the parts i am printing. So I use a printing service to print my parts. I use Shapeways to print my parts and I have not created a store for my parts yet, I am Still debating when and If I will. I also need to be honest, I am not sure if I am comfortable at the moment with just giving my designs away. It's something I really need to think about. I have fear if I make my parts available that a resin caster will cast my parts and start selling my parts claiming as their own. Hope you can understand where I am coming from

Jason... thanks for understanding. Now I am not saying I will never make the parts available, just right now I don't have the time to set up a store on Shapeways since I am trying to get this funny car done. I know there is a lack of 1/16th scale parts out there for us modelers and that's what drove me to start drawing stuff up since I couldn't find what I needed for this build. Once I finish this build I am planning on working on other parts I would like to draw up to increase my library of parts. I am going to shoot you a PM here in a few.

Ok Fellas.... I know an updated post has been long over due. As mentioned the other day I have had a bunch going on in my life lately and haven't been able to get to the bench as much as I would like but as time has allowed I have gotten some time in at the bench here and there. Progress is going as well as it can. I would get some things done feeling I was making progress then I would go backwards again with issues that would come up. I was able to fix a few of them so far and was finally able to get the engine installed into the chassis. So here a few  updated pics to show the Engine installed into the chassis along with the fuel tank and fuel lines. I also got the rest of the ignition lines installed. I am chipping away at my to do list and I still have quite a few to check off before our Show here next month. The question still remains..... will I get it done in time or not, only time will tell I guess. Here are a few pics to share with you guys....

Left Hand Side:

2v2JfHArTxAhe9C.jpg

Right Hand Side:

2v2JfH6QVxAhe9C.jpg

Here are some shots of the engine, Left Hand Side:

2v2JfHBUTxAhe9C.jpg

2v2JfH6uCxAhe9C.jpg

Right Side:

2v2JfH6BsxAhe9C.jpg

Somewhat of a front shot so you could see some of the ignition lines hooked up:

2v2JfHB4VxAhe9C.jpg

Fuel Tank and Fuel Tank Hold Down Strap Installed, shown with DZUS fasteners from Future Attraction:

2v2JfHBYhxAhe9C.jpg

Fuel lines to and from the Fuel Tank:

2v2JfHBh4xAhe9C.jpg

Hose Clamp on the main fuel line:

2v2JfHBrVxAhe9C.jpg

V-Band Clamp on the drive shaft tube to the Transmission:

2v2JfHB8CxAhe9C.jpg

Glad to see you were able to get some bench time with the Vega Chris! The engine looks excellent between the frame rails. All of the details are so nicely done that it would be very hard to tell if it's real or model if I didn't know. I can't wait to see more pics.

So thrilled for you brother. The engine is in its final resting place and all the the connections are flawless, just as expected but I'm still blown away. Scale precision at its finest. Whether its done or not, I can't wait to feast my eyes on this in person next month.

Nice to have ya' back Chris and that's a great update.  I still have that copy of the punch list for your build, it's not nearly as long as you think now.  I don't know what happened to the engine when you dropped it earlier but I don't see any hints of damage anywhere.  Nice save sir!!!     cheers, tim

I'll bet you can see the light at the end of the tunnel about now. And photographed in the right setting would be hard to tell if its real or a model.

Keep it it , head and shoulders above ANY other model kit Ive ever seen .