Model Cars Magazine Forum

1/16 Scale Army Vega Funny Car - Finished 10/14/2018

Mooneyzs

1 hour ago, Mooneyzs said:

Bob... thank you very much, it's not perfect but good enough at this point...I just wanna be done with it.

Tim...thank you for the Kind words, it's much appreciated. I have been busting my tail as of late to try to get it done in time for the IPMS Nationals here less than 2 weeks. I am super close and have been working on a build book. After the show is over I will Unveil my next project I have in store... ;)

Cool . I will be in Tucson AZ permanently by the 1st of the week.  I head west this Friday, be there by Sunday nite if no issues along the way

Guess I'm just gonna have to run up for this show,

If for nothing else than to see this jewel in person

John Pol... thanks for the kind words. I sure hope I dont take that long on the next one. I learned a lot from this build that I ahoyos be able to build my next one much faster.

Bill... right on... nothing like moving here at the hottest time of the year...lol. I'd you can come up for the show that would be awesome. It's at the Phoenix Civic center August 1st thru 4th in downtown Phoenix.

Tim... I am not sure that I will need a suitcase...lol I have heard that there is possibly going to be about 3000 models there. That's what one of my friends told me that I talked to earlier today who has gone to the Nationals before and he said that the Swap meet will have a bunch of the big hitters out there. I am excited to experience my first IPMS Show that I will be entering in and with it being the Nationals will just be the Icing on top.  I will let you in on a little secret it isn't a Bantam, Although I do have a Fiat Altered body...;).... well ok it that one won't be build next either...lol I think you will dig what it will be :D.

3 hours ago, Mooneyzs said:

Tim... I am not sure that I will need a suitcase...lol I have heard that there is possibly going to be about 3000 models there. 

I'm not going to be there but I am rooting for you Chris!  Can't wait to see your new build announcement.  I'm also looking forward to all three of your completions of the build off with Clay and John.

16 hours ago, Mooneyzs said:

John Pol... thanks for the kind words. I sure hope I dont take that long on the next one. I learned a lot from this build that I ahoyos be able to build my next one much faster.

Bill... right on... nothing like moving here at the hottest time of the year...lol. I'd you can come up for the show that would be awesome. It's at the Phoenix Civic center August 1st thru 4th in downtown Phoenix.

Oh I am planning to be there. but Saturday only .Will ride up for the day then drive back to Tucson. All this barring any issues next week

Chris... thanks man, I honestly don't know what to expect with the nationals since I have never been. I am just excited for another show here in Phoenix and looking forward to looking at all the models that show up. I am really looking forward to getting back to My Goose Dragster build for the dragster build off. I will for sure get back on it the Sunday after the show since the show is from Wednesday thru Saturday.

Bill.. I will keep fingers crossed that everything goes well. Would be nice to meet you for sure.

Man, I wish I could make it especially with it being right here in town. Your Vega built is going to really turn some heads and widen some eyeballs. How many to-do's are left on your build list? I know you're putting together a build book too so I imagine you're pulling out all of the stops on that as well. Enjoy your time there and have fun.

Edited by gasser59

22 hours ago, Mooneyzs said:

Chris... thanks man, I honestly don't know what to expect with the nationals since I have never been. I am just excited for another show here in Phoenix and looking forward to looking at all the models that show up. I am really looking forward to getting back to My Goose Dragster build for the dragster build off. I will for sure get back on it the Sunday after the show since the show is from Wednesday thru Saturday.

Bill.. I will keep fingers crossed that everything goes well. Would be nice to meet you for sure.

I'll have my usual red shirt with A+M Hightech Automotive on it. Be kind of hard to miss my ugly mug in a bright red shirt

Anyone from the board sees me, by all means PLEASE speak up. be nice to put a face with the screen names

Sorry for the hijak . btw

13498059_1404399242922578_23607195712068

Edited by gtx6970

Brad... wish you could make it too. I know you have some prior plans. The Car is basically done but have 2 items that I would like to still add but I need to finish the build book first.

Bill... I will look for you for sure. Won't be hard to spot me. I will be the short bald guy walking around...lol. by no means are you hijacking my thread. It's always nice to put a face to names on here.

Well Fellas.... I have been busting my tail putting in a lot of hours on a build book, drawings and trying to get things done for the nationals coming up next week. It's going to be close but I am plugging away and hope I get it done. I decided to drive around my neighborhood to try and find an area that would pretty cool to do a photo shoot at. And well I took a couple test shots and thought I would share them with ya.

2v2JGTWaMxAhe9C.jpg

2v2JGTWZdxAhe9C.jpg

2v2JGTg5FxAhe9C.jpg

Chris:  I would certainly hope the IPMS folks can appreciate the work and talent that went into this funny car.  Granted its not some type of military vehicle which gets most of their attention, but there is no denying the fantastic, skilled, and detailed work that went into this build!  Good luck at the Nationals.

Randy... Thank you. I will have to get a video of it firing up for ya... ;) :lol:  That would be totally sweet to hear it fire up.

Jim... Thank you so much for the kind words, I really appreciate it. I have no clue how people there react to it, This will be my first entering anything at an IPMS show. I can tell you this my Build book is over 100 pages so far... lol ;)

John... Thanks Brother.... I am looking forward to hanging out with you and everyone else that is going to be there.

Shambles... Thank you very much. This has been long over due to get it to this point. Just a few more things left to check off though.

Robert... always love watching that video. Wish he would of bliped the throttle just once. But there is something Inhave always loved as a kid when they go to shut it down and it leans out. Something about that sound is so cool.

Lee... thanks man, I was hoping the back ground would make it look a little realistic, although I would like to redo the photo shoot to try to get better pics. I was rushing it and wished more things were in focus. I really need learn the settings in my SLR so I can take better pics.

Stephen... thank you for the kind words.