Model Cars Magazine Forum

1/16 Scale Army Vega Funny Car - Finished 10/14/2018

Mooneyzs

• 2 weeks later...

Morning fellas... just wanted to say hello and let you guys know I haven't forgotten about this build. I have been side tracked on another little project I am trying to work on at home... hoping to get some build time in this weekend though.

Brad... HAHA! @ Filet Minion.... lmao that there is some funny stuff.

Joe... haha at Boneless... well what I have been messing with has a Twins Twist.

Fabrizio... thank you my friend. I appreciate it. You have inapired me to do do some sort of cartoonish themed build one of these days.

• 2 weeks later...

Brent.... yeah I haven't gotten any bench time on this due to another side project I have been working on but hoping to maybe work on this tomorrow. I actually should just force myself to sit down and work on it.

Henry & Scott.... I am sure you guys aren't the only ones waiting around to see updates...lol

Well fellas... I have been debating on debuting a side project that I have been planning..... and as mentioned before it has a twin twist to it...... 

• 1 month later...

Mitch... I haven't had any updates lately, Is why you haven't seen anything new on this. I had a small speed bump and sorta put it aside and actually was looking at ways to fix it last week. Found a solution and hoping to get some bench time in today on this one.

Mitch... Thank you. I really appreciate the kind words and that this build has been an inspiration to you. I will be getting some time on this build over the weekend. so stay tuned and hopefully I will have some pics up Saturday. I have actually missed working on this one.

Its coming along great!  Life happens and build often take a very long time.  By pure coincidence, my oldest started build that I work on from time to time is the VERY SAME build.  LOL.  I started it in 1985.  Been on the burner so long that about a year or so ago I had to strip all the paint and decals and start the body over because the white had "yellowed" so bad.  

• 2 weeks later...

Mike... Thank you very much. you  need to get back on that build

Keith... Thanks. This build is still going. It got pushed to the side for a bit just because I needed a little break from it and in the mean time I had started working on something else. I am trying to get some work done to this one this weekend.

• 2 months later...

Hello All... Well I have finally gotten back to making some progress on this build and of as recently I have gone back to make some updates to the blower and injector had 3D models I have drawn up in Solidworks. I have also updated the pulleys and got a blower belt designed for it. I have some other parts that I am going to be designing up That way I can submit a batch of parts that I need to finish some things up on this build. Here are a few pics of what I have designed and drawn up.

Here is an Isometric View of all of the parts:

Front View:

Side View:

Upclose Blower Pulley:

Upclose Crank Pulley: