Model Cars Magazine Forum

1/16 Scale Army Vega Funny Car - Finished 10/14/2018

Mooneyzs

John.... I am getting to the workbench now. Hope to have something soon for ya Brother!! B)

What?!? No update this morning? You've had most of yesterday afternoon and all of last night to satisfy our cravings. :D

Edited by gasser59

Mark... Thank you for the kind comments.

Dave.... Thank you for the compliments.

Brad.... No updates yet. I didn't get much time to work on it yesterday. Plus I have a little bit of a roadblock with how the shoulder straps are connected on the chassis. I will have something for you later today.

Hello Fellas.... Well I am happy to say that I have completed the seat belts for this build. It took me way longer than I wanted it to or should of but its ok because I am happy with how it turned out. I won't keep you waiting any longer for the pics. Here they are....

Here is the starting point, I started by making the pieces with the buckle:

DP-Army-Vega3731-1_zps7ee91d2c.jpg

I cut more material for the upper portion of the shoulder belts and colored them with a black Sharpie:

DP-Army-Vega3732-1_zps6fbe5273.jpg

Here I started on the first belt, cutting the buckle end down and installing it onto the upper portion:

DP-Army-Vega3737-1_zps3edb384d.jpg

Now both sides are completed:

DP-Army-Vega3738-1_zpscc0d9d5a.jpg

Next I added the fire retardant material to the belt:

DP-Army-Vega3744-1_zps2f7d554e.jpg

Danno.... Thank You!

Art... Thanks Brother

John... Thanks Brother.

Brad.... Thanks bud... I know I kept you waiting a little bit but so glad to have it done now...lol

Brett.... Thanks bud. I appreciate all of the thumbs up ;)

Scott.... Thanks man. I appreciate the kind comments. I honestly don't know how I continue to amaze everyone.

Mike... Thanks bud and for letting me bounce some ideas off of you. Yours worked perfect for the shoulder belts.

Dave... Thank you...yes it was well worth the time spent now that I am done. But when I started them I didn't think they would take me that long to do...lol

Tyrone... Thanks man for the props. I was trying to make them the best I could.

Mark... thank you so much.

Time to get the over flow tank and the hoses hooked up today, then I think it is time to get back to the engine and other details but I need to spend some time searching for some jobs.... B)

Edited by Mooneyzs