Model Cars Magazine Forum

1/16 Scale Army Vega Funny Car - Finished 10/14/2018

Mooneyzs

Mooneyz Plumbing Inc.

No job too tedious or time consuming. Call 1-800-PRO-VEGA1 for estimate.

(You ain't gonna like it :D)

And I can't stop looking at the head & valve cover gaskets. The overall finished engine will be amazing, but the gaskets are the GOTCHA' Factor for me.

Edited by Nytrozilla

It's been a while since I've been able to check in on this one, but WOW! That's some incredible work there with those fittings and other details! I've made my fittings from plastic rod which I've painted in silver and then clear red or clear blue. Sometimes they turn out decent and I'm happy with them, but I gotta say that seeing your fittings makes mine look like they were made by a 2 year-old kid.:D

Fantastic work as always!

..half a decade now,but this is the first time..i think..I felt I had to comment.

Mike, great that you comment now.

Chris, many thanks for your detailed pics, these recent pics have become the absolute reference for fuel systems on my current, and future builds.  Detailing is thrilling to view, many thanks from my side.

Edited by 10thumbs

Mike, great that you comment now!  Thank you.

Personally speaking, the Drag Racing Forum has many things to view, but response is depreciative.  Guys that build models and choose to show the build progress should at the very least, receive some kind of feedback. 

Looking,  then moving on is not the best deal.  Easy for those that look and not comment.

The builders that show progress thrive on response and feedback.  Don't even come and think we only want cudos!   We would like to see if something sucks!  We'd love to do it better.

Feedback would be really great for the guys that make efforts for the whole of this forum!

Come on guys, builders would like to have a little bit of feedback!

Chris, many thanks for your detailed pics, these recent pics have become the absolute reference for fuel systems on my current, and future builds.  Detailing is thrilling to view, many thanks from my side!

I know. I could have commented earlier. I havent been on here for a year or so, lost the urge to build. Too many things going on that have taken the desire to do many things, not just modeling. Havent touch any of my guitars in 3 years..but anyway..thats too off topic.Do you break to do a quick build here and there? Or is your time devoted to this build? My apologies for being quiet. I do love your work. All of it, not just those sexy fuel line curves :) I'll chime in more often.

Edited by Evil Appetite

I am not shore how long I have been watching this build, it must be a few years and every time I think you added all the details you could you come up with some thing new and amazing, just one thing could you please finish it before I kick the bucket I am getting old, lol.

CHRIS - John is right. You can tell that you put a lot of work into it. I'm definitely no expert but the plumbing looks ON. Things are parallel and perpendicular where they need to be. If this build had been on display at Bruce Larson's Dragfest this past saturday, it would have garnered a LOT of attention. Can't wait for more.

John... Thank you. There has been quite a bit of work that has gone into these fuel lines. I can't wait to call them done and move on to the next part of the build.

Joe... You have me cracking up over the Mooneyz Plumbing... LOL... Very creative.

Brad... It was great to see you at ModelZona even if it was only for a few since I couldn't stay long that day.

Bob... Thank you.

Mike... Thank you. I am getting there little by little

Dave W.... Thank you.

Ray... Thank you. I appreciate you following along on this build.

Slfam.. Thank you

Scott.... Thanks Brother!

Nikko... Hey thank you, Its great to see you back around here. Hope life is good and school is treating you well. I gotta tell you I can't take credit for the A/N Fittings. They all are from RB Motion. My Opinion is they are they best in the business. Not cheap but worth it to me.

Tim... Thank you very much my friend. It was a big hurdle for me with the lines. Thanks on the Pulley but I can't take credit for it, I have to give credit to Dave for taking it on his own to machine my pulley's for me. I had sent him the drawings I did to let me know if the sizes and what I drew up looked ok and Dave too it upon himself to machine the set up for me. I couldn't of been more appreciative because I know he spent well over 8 hours of his own time to do these for me.

Paul... Thanks my friend... LOL that would of been funny to of put Mooneyz on the blower. Never even thought of that... haha

Dan... Thank you.

Martin... Thank you very much!

Michael... Thank you. I am glad that the pics can help everyone out. I learn a lot from many others here as to why I post my progress the way I do.

Dave.. Thank you!

Mike R.... Thank you for the kind words. There have a been a few moments thru this build that I have taken a break and have started other projects. Then there have time times where I completely burnt myself out on this one. Currently right now my plan is to just continue to focus on this until its completed. In the future on other builds that I have planned, I am going to have multiple builds going so that it prevents me from getting burnt out on being on one build for so long. Also there is no need to apologize for being quiet.

Randy D... Hey Buddy... Thanks for checking it. Gotta say I can't wait to see you and your beautiful builds at the DSC and GSL next year. will be great to hang out again. I gotta tell you that I am super excited to hopefully soon start plumbing the braided lines and everything on the engine. I want to see everything together really bad...lol

Danno... Thank you..... Sincerly, Next Year.... 

Robert.... Thank you very much. I promise I am working as hard as I can to get it done as soon as I can. My plan is to have it done hopefully by April of Next year!

Dave R... Thank you my friend. I appreciate the kind words. I had tried a few things to figure out the best way to go about bending the plumbing and Invested some time but I would put the same amount of time in with the results I ended up with. I am very happy with them but at times it felt like I was never going to get them the way I wanted...lol