[[Template core/front/global/utilitiesMenu does not exist. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]
Mooneyzs

1/16 Scale Army Vega Funny Car - Updated 4/19/2018 - Updated Pics

Mike... Thank you so much for the kind words and for your son following along on this long Journey. Hopefully I will be able to check a few items off my final to do list this week and get her close to being 100% complete.

Mike F... Thank you very much!!

Wow, that looks fantastic even though it's not completely done! I'm not surprised at all that it took home the Best Engine award, as I couldn't imagine how one could build a better looking mill than that one. Very nice work.

Following this thread from the start, it makes me feel like I'd like to build something with a bit similar idea. Which means that I'd like to try my hand at building a model with the idea of "every part is a model itself". And I have a couple of Trumpeter '63 Novas on my stash, they would make a perfect starting point for that kind of build, probably factory stock. Who knows, maybe some day?

Anyway, congrats on making it to the show, and I can't wait to see when all of the last details are finished on it. Great work.

Being an open forum I've always just been a looker and never bothered signing up. I joined so I could congratulate you Chris. Ive followed your build on and off for maybe 5 years being a big 1.16 fan. Your model and your level of commitment to it is beyond words. Great work man!

I recently found the double kit after years of trying to find one at a realistic price so yours gives me great inspiration to build it. 

Jim

Paul.... Thanks Brother!!

Nikko... Yhank you very much my friend. It's been a long ride and so nice to have it almost done. I honestly can't wait to call it complete so I can start my next 1/16th build. I would like to approach the build with the sub assemblies and their own little models a little better on the next one bit its a good way to approach I think. Would be awesome for you to start those Novas, can't wait to see them.

Jim... Thank you so much for the kind words and for joining the forum just to say congrats. It's no surprise that I am a huge 1/16th scale fan and just some how have fallen in love with the scale. I can't wait to share my next build with everyone but have other things I need to finish first.

Well fellas I know that I need to get back to the bench to get this one completed. Going to be trying to get some work done soon on it. Inhave had a lot going in at home with my Dog and he has been more of my priority right now. But hopefully soon I will have some more to share on this build. Thanks all for being patient with me.

Edited by Mooneyzs

Chris!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :o

See, I knew you could get this done without me hovering over your shoulder all the time. ;)

I have no words mate, only reason you're seeing this is because I still have limited use of a couple o fingers......can barely type anyway, hard to make out the keys with all this dribble covering them.

SUPER! Unbelievably ultra realistic build man. :wub:

On 4/27/2018 at 11:23 AM, gascansam said:

Chris.....what can I say that hasn't already been said?.....a truly gorgeous model that I have followed you building through the years.  I believe you have given me the impetus to complete my version of this great kit.  It was involved in a nasty wreck with a house cat years ago, and now it will be converted to run the Nostalgia Circuit campaigning as the Blood Assurance "Vein Vega" .....if it comes out looking a tenth as good as yours, I will be ecstatic!.....thanks again for your outstanding tutorials and am eagerly awaiting to see your next projects.........Chris 

1150280135025217.jpg

WHATS UP WITH THOSE TINY FULL STACKS?

Greg!!!!... Thank you Mate!!  I appreciate the kind comments. Its great to see you still coming around here. Have you been working on any builds lately?? Maybe I have missed your threads if you have one going on?? I am almost done with this one then I can start on the next 1/16th scale build ;) Hope all is well my friend, Cheers!