Model Cars Magazine Forum

1/16 Scale Army Vega Funny Car - Finished 10/14/2018

Mooneyzs

Thanks Brad for the shout out. I will have to check it out although Hobby Depot has said they haven't received the mag yet. I will have to pick one up when they do.

I will try to post pics of what was on the bench and what I am currently working on. I haven't worked on much lately the motivation just hasnt been there for a while.

It was a great call-out and acknowledgement of Chris’ masterpiece, but the photo images as published do it no justice.  Gregg explained the idea (black backgrounds), but I don’t think it translated to print well. My guess is the images probably looked great on the computer monitor during layout.

• 1 year later...

Chris had finished this model almost a year before I joined this group.   Thankfully I stumbled on this project by accident and I have read every page of it.  To my mind there is no better reference available on building a large scale funny car in particular or any competition vehicle in general.  This is one of the best 1/16th scale drag race models that has ever been built period