Model Cars Magazine Forum

1/16 Scale Army Vega Funny Car - Finished 10/14/2018

Mooneyzs

OMG! Chris, I am so sorry I haven't been around to support you man....you've obviously slipped up taking you meds again buddy. :o

Seriously though mate, this is SUPERB!

The design work for your 3D parts is off the chart man. I can't think of ever seeing any better parts drawn up.......ever.....Can I get them in 1/12th. :)

And the work in that fuel system/fittings......crazy stuff mate (= AWESOME!) :wub:

• 2 weeks later...

Ira.... you are right... think everyone lost stuff.

Well fellas I will have to upload the pics that was lost. On another note I have been working on the blower sanding and prepping it as well as gluing the pieces together. I finished the sanding last night and got some primer on it and have to say it is looking good. I now need to sand it with some finer paper then add another light coat or two of primer and then it will be ready for paint.

Edited by Mooneyzs

Well Guys.... since the forum lost some pics I am gonna re-post some of those pics as well as a few others.

So I started out with some Machined Aluminum Specialties and Detail Master photo-etch pieces that I am going to use to create my shut off valve lever:

DP-Army-Vega6220-1_zps7ad385bb.jpg

Here are the pieces glued together:

DP-Army-Vega6223-1_zpse4d880f7.jpg

Here is the Shut off Valve, Tee Fittings and Shut off Valve lever in primer:

DP-Army-Vega6228-1_zpsa77ce683.jpg

Another view of it:

DP-Army-Vega6230-1_zpsf96fd98a.jpg

Here it is placed on the engine:

DP-Army-Vega6235-1_zpsc42547d9.jpg

Dear Moderators;

I would like to request a temporary relaxing of the language usage guidelines so that I may properly express my true feelings concerning Chris' masterful building skills.

That's just genius Joe. I would also like to see this because mere words aren't enough and all of the useable words have been used throughout this entire thread.

'Explative' progress on this 'explative' build Chris. Glad to see your updates and trying to be patient for more.