Model Cars Magazine Forum

1/16 Scale Army Vega Funny Car - Finished 10/14/2018

Mooneyzs

Morning Fellas... I re-uploaded the 2nd video this morning and it went thru... go figure. Anyway I am running late for work, so I will respond to you guys later. Here are the links to both videos again....

Video #1

http://smg.photobucket.com/user/Mooneyzs/media/Plastic%20Models/Model%20Videos/Body%20Latch%20-1_zpsb3gt6p3f.mp4.html?sort=3&o=1

Video #2

http://smg.photobucket.com/user/Mooneyzs/media/Plastic%20Models/Model%20Videos/Body%20Latch-2_zps0l16nofp.mp4.html?sort=3&o=0

Art... thank you buddy!

Danno.. thank you

Ace... thanks man. I really appreciate the kind words.

Bob... thank you. Feels good to havr this part done. Now I cam start prepping the body support structures for paint.

Brad... thank you my friend. I didnt know if I should of made the threded part on the inside of the body. Versus doing it right at the handle like I did.. I am starting to rethink my idea and may make a 2nd one now... hmm what to do. I know it wouldnt hurt to do a 2nd one and it would be easy enough since I have the sizes correct at this point. I need to give you a call this week if that's cool.

Hakan... thank you

Gabe... I really appreciate the kind words. Thank you.

Just when you think it can't possibly get any better....IT DOES!!!!

Chris, you keep inching the bar upward....I cannot wait to see you paint/decal and clear that body....Once it's done, would be really cool to have Prudhomme himself sign the inside in an inconspicuous area....On second thought, I wouldn't want anyone getting near that thing with a marker!! :lol:

Chris, thank you for taking the time to document your design and fabrication of the latch assembly. At this point though, I wouldn't have expected anything less. Sorry, but you set the bar higher for yourself each and every time. Keep jumping my friend. It's fun to watch!! Tim

Mike... Thank you.

Scott... I really appreciate the kind works my friend.

Dave... Thank you sir.

Martin... I really appreciate the kind words. thank you.

Ray... Thank you.

Danny... Thank you

Dave... Thanks

Randy D.... My Good ole buddy pal... lol I really wish I could learn some soldering techniques from you. Actually to see you solder in person.

Gene... Thank you very much.

Lee... Thank you. What can I say. I keep trying to push that bar for myself. It would be really neat to be able to show Don Prudhomme this build when its done but there won't be any markers coming close to this body...hahaha

Tim... Thank you so much for the kind words. I guess I am trying to out do myself by adding those little extra touches I don't think I can do.

Ray... Thank you.

Well Fellas... I am hoping to get a little work done on this. I know I have been a little slow at getting some progress pics up. Stay tuned and I will have some more updates soon.