Model Cars Magazine Forum

1/16 Scale Army Vega Funny Car - Finished 10/14/2018

Mooneyzs

Chris, first Congratulations on the Best Automotive award.Ā  That was a well deserved win in what is the toughest field I have seen at IPMS Nats.Ā  You showed what a top drawer modeler you really are.

Ā  Second, it was great to finally meet you.Ā  I enjoyed our conversations.Ā  It is alway better to be able to put a face with a name.Ā Ā 

Wow. Prime example of how a lot of commitment can make such an amazing product. Your model reminds me a lot of this split bumper camaro I saw at the Dodge Mile High Nationals this year. Very nice to see a model that looks as good as something similar in 1:1. Wonderful job

split bumper funny car 2018 nationals.JPG

Chris... Thank you so much for sharing that video. I had not idea that Andy did that, I have enjoyed watching his youtube videos that he does.Ā I heard he was going to be at the show but I didn't get a chance to meet him. I will have to take a ride over to his shop one of these days so I can meet him. That is correct, you did see a Best Automotive Entry. I was in shock and couldn't believe itĀ when I saw that because there were so many beautiful models there that could easily of gotten the award.

Shambles... Thank you very much for the kind words. It was an awesome show and my first time to an IPMS Nationals, There were over 3000 models on the tables if I remember correctly.

Lee... Thank you very much. After all of the years ofĀ hard work and some redoing things or should I say multiple things...lol, It feels good to finally have it completed.

Stephen... Thank you, it was great to get to see you and catch up for a bit.

Pete... Thank you my friend. It was an absolute pleasure to finally get to meet you in person and put a face to the name. I had a blast being able to talk models with you in the contest hall and as well getting to talk over lunch.

Michael... Thank you!! That 1:1 Funny Car is Gorgeous.

Jimmy... Thank you so much for the kind words. Its been fun to be able to share the build with everyone here. I know it's taken longer than it should but now that its done I don't think I would of changed anything because of the many things I learned thru this build. I am just excited to be able to start some new builds now.

Stephen... Thank you so much.

Ā 

Hopefully soon I will get someĀ completed pictures taken and posted of the car. I was having some issues with my SLR camera when I was taking some for the build book. I really need to learn the settings.

Edited by Mooneyzs

18 hours ago, THORDOOR220 said:

Wow. Prime example of how a lot of commitment can make such an amazing product. Your model reminds me a lot of this split bumper camaro I saw at the Dodge Mile High Nationals this year. Very nice to see a model that looks as good as something similar in 1:1. Wonderful job

split bumper funny car 2018 nationals.JPG

This is a Vega, not a Camaro. Just an FYI.

--Dave

Scott... thank you very much for the kind words.

John... what can I say but thanks Brother. I had a blast with you guys at the Nationals. It feels so good to have this build done. It was like a weight has been lifted off my shoulders just because I have been wanting to startĀ other builds but I wouldn't letĀ myself do that until I was done with this one. I appreciate the kind words, means lot.

Ray... thank you very much.Ā 

Congratulations Chris on the win at IPMS.Ā  Truly a worthy entry and very deserving.Ā  I can only imagine how satisfied you feel having the car completed.Ā  I'll be sure to check out your future builds of course as I always learn from your posts and marvel at the quality.Ā Ā  Cheers Sir!Ā 

Chris... I am stoked to get back to the Goose... Hopefully going to get some work done on the chassis today.

Tim... Thank you so much my friend for the nice words. I can't tell you how good it feels to finally call the Funny Car complete. It sure feels like a weight has been lifted off my back and now I can start some fun builds

Randy D... Thanks buddy, looking forward to seeing you at a future show. Will you be making it to GSL next year?? Would be great to hang out with ya.

JC... Thank you forĀ  kind words and for following along.

Dave.... Thank you so much. Now I can get back and focus on the dragster for the 3 Way build.