Model Cars Magazine Forum

1/16 Scale Army Vega Funny Car - Finished 10/14/2018

Mooneyzs

Clear coat .... I get goosebumps.

I do too. I've seen Chris' work up close and personal. I think he finished a model just this last decade. It's smooth as glass and it WILL give you GooseBumpies.

Come on....It's been a long time since I took a cheap shot. Soooooooo impressed Bro.

Nikko... Thank you. I have had a few of the decals give me troubles but at this point happy with how they have turned out.

Greg... Hows my Aussie Mate doing? Its great to see you back on here and getting back to some of your builds. I have had some ups and downs with this build the entire time but think I have come out of it pretty good.  That would be very neat if you were able to come to the states for a show and some of us get to meet ya.

Bob... Thank you. It has been long over due to get this thing finished but that is my goal now. I will be chipping away at it for sure

Dave... thank you. It seems that sometimes I have no issues at all with decals and then other times they  just fight me...lol

Brad... Thank you. Yeah some gave me a fight and others didn't. there were some on the back above the tail lights that are much bigger on the restored car.

John... Thanks Brother!! It's getting there but I really can't wait until I can put that last coat of clear on them. the weather has been way too hot and humid to even consider clearing it, So that have to wait for a little longer.

Randy... Thank  you my Friend... I appreciate the kind words.

Danno... thanks man... Next Year ;) :lol:.

Tim... What can i say but thank you my friend. Your builds and updates are always an inspiration for me. You know I am looking forward to planning that Dragster ;).

Manfred... I am quite excited about that too. That way I can then get it color sanded and polished out and add the final touches to the body then.

Joe... Thanks... Hey I finished one in the past 3 years I think :P. I think it was the Front engine dragster... Here is a pic..

Hello Everyone... It's that time for another long awaited updated. I have been getting some bench time and Pretty much have the decals on the body all wrapped up. It Feels like a milestone for me. The body still needs to be cleared but its been to hot and humid here to do it anytime this month. August is the worst for us with Humidity. So probably won't see clear until September or October or unless a cool day comes along. Anyway I will keep it short and sweet since I have read/heard that I post too many in progress pics, so Let me just share a couple of pics with you....

Again here is the Before:

Here We have Decals, right side... Oh Yeah!!  8):

And here is the Left Side:

Hey Chris.....the decals look FANTASTIC!!!!!!.......if  WANNA B`S  don`t want to see alot of WIP pics and learn something...... than go play somewhere else......can`t wait to see the clear coat on this bad boy!!!!!

Edited by John Teresi

Moonman - those look great and I agree on doubling up on the decals along the bottom. Do you have enough to do that? As for the number of pictures, post away. The number of views this thread has gotten says it all. People want to learn.

Chris great update. No you don't post to many pictures. That's one of the great things about this build is the informative build details and the killer craftsmanship.

Couldn't agree more.  That's what's made this build so much fun to follow.  We all have an opportunity to see the step-by-step process.  Put as many pics up as you wish.  I will be here...

WHAT??? Somebody actually whined about too much goodness? They need to get a new hobby. I suggest whine tasting!

This is a milestone update my man. I've been anticipating this very update for a long time. So happy it's going well and that you are not in a rush to go to clear.

There's an old saying in the Automotive Service business when a Tech rushes a job.. "There's never time to do it right, but always time to do it twice."

Here's to getting it right.

Danno.... thanks buddy.

Tim... the next step is hopefully get the clear in soon but with the weather. I may jump back to the body tins and engine stuff. I have to get the injector hat and barrel valve preped for paint. And the  I need to start planning out all of the injector lines and hopefully start some detailing of the engine.

Bob.... Thank you.... so I gotta ask are you thinking that the decals need to be doubled up because they look dark? I think it's just the lighting in the pics. I will see if I can get some better lighting on the pic.

Bob... thank you.

John... thank you my friend. I appreciate the kind words and I can't wait to get the clear on this bad boy.

Brad... thano you. So you think the decals aren't bright enough either? Or you think some of the red from the paint had bled thru?

Scott... thank you very much for your support brother!

Joe... thank you.  I am very happy at having the decals in this and it's a weight off my shoulders. Now to get back to other things on this build.

TwoKids...  Thank you. I appreciate it.

"Bob... I appreciate the kind words. I haven't made any more progress on this build. I have lost all of my motivation for this build."

Take a breath and walk away. Sit back down another day.

Maybe play with some plumbing or another task that pretty much guarantees success. Or, only to point it out as an option, start another project...........

We got yer back Bro.