Model Cars Magazine Forum

1/16 Scale Army Vega Funny Car - Finished 10/14/2018

Mooneyzs

Scott P... Thank you very much

Scott H... Thank you, hopefully I will soon be working on a scale model :lol:. I actually draw all of my stuff up on a CAD Program I have and when it comes to printing the parts I outsource them to Shapeways and have them print my stuff. But Honestly I think my Stuff actually gets printed from White Clouds. Shapeways outsources some of the work.

Mike... Thank you... Was thinking about 90% Nitro ;)

Brad... Thank you Very Much. I am glad that the Juices have started to flow again. Yes we will have to catch up soon for sure.

Randy... Thank you. It's always great to hear from ya. feels good to be back at the bench.

Paul... Thanks, Sounds like a plan.

Danno... Thank you

Joe.. Thanks buddy. Glad to hear that you have been trying to get to the bench too.

Hoping to get some good bench time in part of this weekend and have an update soon.

• 2 weeks later...

Hello Fellas... Well I got a little bit of bench time in today. Was happy that I was able to check off another item from my to do list. Wish I could continue working on this but I have to get ready to go over to a friends for a BBQ to watch the Canelo vs GGG fight tonight. I was able to work on the Water Jacks and get them pretty much completed other than one item left for them. I just need to fabricate the line that goes from the Water Jacks down to the header. Anyway I have a few pics I took with my cell phone so they aren't the greatest but wanted to show some progress and that I have been at the bench.

I had started by making the check valves that go on the exist side of the water jacks. I used some RB motion nuts and some Abilon Alloys tubing. These pieces were made from 4 pieces as shown and since I was having trouble gluing them together I actually staked the inside tubing basically by flaring the tubing to lock it in place:

2v2uHdYkGxAhe9C.jpg

Here both check valves are completed:

2v2uHdYmhxAhe9C.jpg

I had modeled the Water jacks and Cap a while back and had them 3D printed from Shapeways.  Then recently when I had drawn up the Hampton Blower for another project I decided to draw up some fittings that attach to the water jack just to see if they would print because they are so small (.035" thick x .055" wide x .065" long) and to my amazement they actually printed, i think I pushed the envelope on these. I had gotten the water jacks painted with Alclad a while back and the Cap to the Water Jack painted a black:

2v2uRV7w2xAhe9C.jpg

Alright Fellas.... I was able to squeeze in a little more bench time this afternoon. What I thought wasn't going to take me very long ended up taking me a little longer than I thought. I know it always happens like that but then again I am at a point in this build where I am trying my best not to screw anything up as I go. So I was able to get the Water Jack lines fabricated and installed onto the engine. One more thing to Check off the ole to do list. I was pretty happy with myself I think I only had to redo the lines a total of 3 times, a much better success rate than I thought I was going to have..  :lol:. I figured I was going to end up with a pile of bent wire. HEre are a few pics of the competed pieces:

Here is the Water Jack lines along with the fitting installed onto the left side of the engine, I still need to add the bold to the water jack itself:

2v2usuGhyxAhe9C.jpg

Here is a side view of the Left side:

2v2usuGG8xAhe9C.jpg

Here is the line fabricated for the Right Side:

2v2usuGy5xAhe9C.jpg

Here is a side view of the right hand side:

2v2usuGMzxAhe9C.jpg

Here is a some what of an up-close straight on shots of the Water Jacks, Check Valve, Fittings and hard line:

2v2usunUjxAhe9C.jpg

2v2usuG4jxAhe9C.jpg

Bill... thank you...  I will try to remember that for the next time... :lol:;)

Tim....Thank You very much. Yes I am getting things checked off the list one by one. Moving slow because I am trying not to screw stuff up. I have been pushing myself to see what I'm can and can't do. Never know until you try right :lol:. It feels good to be back at the bench building again.

Brian... Thank you.

Dave... Thanks man, I am trying to get her done.

Brad... Thanks Brother!! Was trying my best to get the lines to get the correct angles. It definitely tested my patience.

Danno... Thanks... Maybe I will have it done "Next Year" ;)

Sflam... Thank you, I appreciate the kinds words. I know when I do get this done I want to take pics of it at the same angles  as my reference pics and put them side by side.

Mike... Thank you very much.

Ok Fellas, I have been getting a little bench time in this week and I should have a little something for you tomorrow. I have to let the glue dry on something I have worked on the past couple nights. The way that I had to approach it I was only able to Glue one piece at a time for these parts so it's taken a few days just because I want to make sure it has a good bond and didn't move on me. Stay Tuned B)

Well Fellas... I was hoping to have this update posted a little sooner but I had to finish up stuff for work this morning and it took much longer than expected. So needless to say I rushed on these pics since my camera battery was dying and they didn't turn out great. I will have to retake these but I wanted to show a little bit of the progress I have made this past week.

I was able to install my under seat panels as well as the chassis side tins to the chassis. Here are a few bad pics.....

Left side Chassis Tin:

2v2uk2YVmxAhe9C.jpg

Right Side Chassis Tin:

2v2uk2Y5VxAhe9C.jpg

Under seat panels:

2v2uk2YGixAhe9C.jpg