Model Cars Magazine Forum

1/16 Scale Army Vega Funny Car - Finished 10/14/2018

Mooneyzs

Then I decided to buy a few linkages from a company called RBS Superchargers again for research purposed so I could measure and draw then up in my CAD system. I will end up having these 3D printed. I was having trouble finding any dimensions on these and figured the best thing to do it buy some and since they weren't really expensive I figured what the heck. And I can turn them into wall art after I am done. Which is the same thing I am going to be doing with the Chute Pack:

Here is the Blower linkage drawn up:

Here is another linkage that can be used for the barrel valve, injector hat & fuel shut off valve:

This linkage can be used for a fuel shut off valve or barrel valve as well:

And last but not least a throttle stop which goes on the injector hat:

OH MY FREAKING GOODNESS!!!!!!!!!

Chris, you have to realise that you are taking this build to a new level. How many people here have bought 1:1 parts to replicate in scale? Raise your hands. Somebody? Anybody? Yeah, no.

I love, love, love the plan to turn them into wall art.

I award you with my highest praise.

2421129-2629336_darth_vader___impressive

To quote Joe "Oh My Freaking goodness!!!"

What a stellar update my friend. You have been busy. The modifications to the body are so subtle but oh so right and the way it looks on the chassis, spot on. I suppose next you;ll be buying a steering wheel, fuel pump, and a parachute pull handle. Love the wall art idea.

Keep it coming.

Very cool!....But maybe you should pick up a used chassis...rear end and front axle next.....you might have missed a detail or two....Now that would make some cool wall art!   I have a garage wall if you dont have enough wall space at your place! :D

Edited by Davewilly

Awesome work Chris l. Great work extending the rocker panels. That was a great move buying a few pieces for reference and what not. The next drag races out there you should go and see if there are any old funny cars on display. Maybe there would be some parts on display for pics and more reference. If I end up going to Pomona in a few weeks I'll take some pics. 

In the Injector linkage and chute pack I see a great opportunity to be somehow included in some sort of  a display with the finished car. In my dreams I even see a cut open 6-71 blower case as show case or stand.

What a great built (or is it build?)

Edited by hansb57

Joe... Thank you very much! The only way I figured I could get the actual size of some parts is to have the parts in hand.

Danno... Thank you sir.

Brad... Thank you. It feels great to be back at this. I wish I had the money to buy a bunch of other parts like that... lol

John... My Brother. Thank you! I can't stop laughing at the Super Minion... I love it... haha!!

Mike... Thanks Pops!! I will be waiting for that jacket to get here. Thanks for your advice along the way with these rockers and the stance.

Dave... Thanks man. You know how cool that would be to have a old chassis in the Garage. That would be awesome. Guess I better buy some power ball tickets... lol

Jim... Thank you very much. I have pushed myself so much farther than I though I would when I first started this build but I have been having fun trying new things and expanding my skills.

Bob... Thank you.

Clayton... Thank you very much. I am always taking pics when I head out to Firebird here. They are bringing the National Time Trials back here prior to the winter nationals but it's now called Nitro Spring Training.

Hans... Thank you. I never though about including the real parts in the display of the car. That could be cool.

Brad... you are right that I need to finish the car first before I start thinking about a display for it... lol

Scott... Thank you very much. I am super excited about the wall art idea with these pieces.

Tim...Thank you very much. I have to say I am 100 Times happier with the stance of this build now and so glad I decided to take the time to rework the rocker panels.

Ok Fellas I got some more body work done tonight and also tinkered with the parachute pack. Hopefully I will have something good to show tomorrow (actually later today since it is now Saturday technically...LOL)