• Announcements

• General Usage   05/10/2017

If someone is acting badly, either in a forum or a private message, please report it. There are conveniently located buttons for sending the post to the moderators. 

1/16 Scale Army Vega Funny Car - Updated 9/23/2017 - Chassis Tins

5,562 posts in this topic

Posted

Another task marked off the list. Those tins look great brother.

Posted

Another task marked off the list. Those tins look great brother.

Brad... Thanks Brother!! Felt good to check those off the list. But it seems every time that I start to make some good steps forward there is always something that ends up pushing me back. I started to install the chassis floor tin yesterday and well it didn't go very well and did not fit like it did before, actually wasn't going to work at all. So needless to say I had to re-fabricate a new one. Guess this is the story of my life on this build. I am so ready to be done with it. I will try to get some pics up in a bit.

Posted

Brad.... As promised here are a few pics of the new Chassis Floor Tin....

Here is the remade floor tin, It still needs to be painted but the painful task of remaking it is done. But the good news is that It fits much better than the original one did and am much happier about that. Also Thanks goes out to Brad because he was the one that gave me a sheet of this printing plate which I still have plenty of stock to make more parts from and its really easy to work with. Here is the old piece next to the new one:

2v2ukRNUdxAhe9C.jpg

placed on the chassis for a fit check:

2v2ukRNuLxAhe9C.jpg

Bottom View:

2v2ukRNHGxAhe9C.jpg

Right Side:

2v2ukRNanxAhe9C.jpg

Left Side:

2v2ukRNZFxAhe9C.jpg

Posted

Looks oh so right brother. Did you allow a bit of tolerance for the paint thickness?

Posted

Nice work on the tins. This is truly a work of art when finished.

Posted

Nice re-work there Chris.

Posted

nice job Chris!

How thick is the printing plate?

Paul

Posted

Just sitting here with my coffee and a big ol' smile this morning Chris.  They look fantastic on the car.   Cheers, Tim

Posted

Brad... Thanks brother. This one fits much better and will fit just fine once painted.

Bob....Thank you. It's getting much closer. I have a final list of things to do that I am trying to check things off and well this small hiccup has pushed me back a little. This floor pan needs to be painted and glued in place before I can proceed.

Dave... Thank you!!

Paul... Thanks brother! The printing plate is about .006" to .007" thick.

Tim.... Thanks Brother. Glad to her the side tins have put a smile on your face. I need to get some better pics so you can see the details and the dzus fasteners. I will get some better pics up soon.

Posted

Hi Chris,

I keep looking at that motor  and marveling at your masterful skills my friend !!!!!!!!!!!!

I just knew you had to redo something :D   New tins look great !

Randy

Posted

Randy.... Thanks my friend, I appreciate the kind words on the Engine. You know I am at the point where I am trying not to have to redo anything on this build but it happened. The next build should go much smoother for sure. I just can't wait to get this one done.

Posted

Ohhhhhhhhhhhh, my, my, my!   That is bitchin'!

You will git 'er done.  You will!

Time to spare.  196 days . . .