Model Cars Magazine Forum

1st Modelers BBQ at Ismael's

Hello,

For those of us in PR who couldn't go to NNL East, we just had a great modeling time in my house.

Although only 5 modelers showed up, they brought over 35 models, so combined with all of mine, we had over 50 models on display! We had our own show, especially with the in progress projects. GREAT "show and tell" opportunity. Checking out my hobby room and projects, trading ideas and tips, great food, my Corvette library, videos, pictures.... We had a BLAST.

While not an NNL or local show by a long shot, it was GREAT!

Here are some pics:

DSCF5223.JPG

From left to right: Ruben Tirado, me (at the controls), Alex, Wilmer and Simon. Missing from the picture: Hamilton who arrived after this pic was taken.

DSCF5226.JPG

Trophies were awarded to all participants :D This is the tuners trophy

In progress projects were great:

DSCF5255.JPG

DSCF5235.JPG

DSCF5258.JPG

DSCF5273.JPG

DSCF5239.JPG

And finished models as well:

DSCF5250.JPG

DSCF5246.JPG

DSCF5257.JPG

DSCF5270.JPG

DSCF5260.JPG

DSCF5268.JPG

DSCF5245.JPG

A Gazillion more pics and details here:

http://puertoriconet.com/images/BBQ/

We had a blast. Definitely worth repeating.

Thanks,

Bill,

First of all, Not only I'd be honored to have you in my house: I'd get mad if you don't :D

The Sting Ray racer is a loooong term project. Wilmer has been working on it for years. A bit more tweaking is needed, and that is just the body. He hasn't even considered the rest yet. So I guess that between that and my SR-2, we can retire waiting :D

Thanks,

Congratulations Ismael!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Looks like you had a lot of fun... :wink: hope to be there next time :roll: :roll:

Like I told you, I was working the whole weekend. :evil: :evil: :evil:

Ayala: I had a big "Churrasco" steak reseved to send to you but Simon aka "the vaccum cleaner" got to it first :D

We are already planning the next one :wink:

Oh what a day,..jmmmm. It was defenetly a blast, we had a great sunny day, great food, good models, and great fun. I hope next time some more of the guys can show up.

It'll be another chapter of our "Modelismo Sabroso(Tasty Modelism)" series, the model show with the best flavor awards!

Simon Rivera

Louis: Just let us when you will come to the island and we will have a great get together. Just in case, there are no hobby shops in Caguas, the one you are talking about it's between Hato Rey and Guaynabo.

Simon Rivera

Carne al pincho, models, sunny days, great friends... What a great way to spend a weekend! Next time I come down to la Isla, we must get together. I am dying to visit the hobby shop in Caguas you guys are always talking about.