Model Cars Magazine Forum

The Offical Charger, Camaro and Mustang CBP Under Glass Thread

Mr. Moparman

Well I thought this up for both Mopar, Ford AND Chevy fans. A Charger-Carmaro and Mustang build off. The model does not have to be box stock.

Duration of Build Off

March 17, 2011 to May 30, 2011

The Rules

1. The entry must be a Charger, Mustang or Camaro.

2. It does not heve to be OOB now you can have it box stock if you want.

That's about it! Have fun!

;)

Now remember this is not a contest with prizes or anything, this is just a kit build off. :blink:

The Offical Build-Off Entry List

1. Master Modeler- '67 Dodge Charger 383

2. Nick Winter- '67 Camaro Z28

3. stuntman88- '70 1/2 Camaro

4. diymirage- '69 Dodge Charger

5. Iron Fist- '69 Yenko Camaro

Here is the Offical Under Glass thread.

The Offical Charger, Camaro and Mustang CBP Under Glass Thread

Edited by Master Modeller

The model has to be box stock. The reason for that is I want to see the muscule cars that they really were, not the drag racers they became.

2. It has to be OOB now you can have plug wires, BMF, and the paint choices but other than that it has to be box stock.

What about box stock drag cars?

Here is the offical Under Glass thread for the Charger, Camaro and Mustang Kit Build-Off. When posting your Under Glass post on this thread please in bold type put the name of your model before you put info, photo's.

Thanks and Happy Building!

B):)

I guess that will be allow ONLY if it's a 2'n'1 kit that the drag car is a option and the extra parts are included in the kit.

so the Revell 68 Dick Landy Charger wouldnt be allowed because it isnt a 2'n'1 kit?

so the Revell 68 Dick Landy Charger wouldnt be allowed because it isnt a 2'n'1 kit?

No not really.

EDIT: You know what forget the drag racer thing cause most muscule cars were drag racers so you can build a drag racer kit if ya want.

i have a 69 charger that i am entering into a different OOB CBP that would be perfect for this

all that is done is the engine (glued and painted)

now,,,,i dont want to be that guy...but if this is an OOB build, and your entering a 67 383 charger...where did the 383 come from and how do the rules aply there ?

now,,,,i dont want to be that guy...but if this is an OOB build, and your entering a 67 383 charger...where did the 383 come from and how do the rules aply there ?

Excellent point. Let me make a suggestion. In the years I've been on these froums, I can tell you one thing with absolute certainty. The more you limit the ways builders can build, there will be less interest in your CBP. Only a very small percentage of builders here build out of box with any regularity. Throw your OOB build rules away and more people will join. Chargers and Camaros are arguably the most popular cars on the planet, so if you give folks back their creative freedom, you might find more people interested.

A second thought. You have two sides of the muscle car trinity here. I think you should add Mustangs of the same years and really get a Chevy, Ford, Mopar competition going. It could be fun.

i have a 69 charger that i am entering into a different OOB CBP that would be perfect for this

all that is done is the engine (glued and painted)

Excellent point. Let me make a suggestion. In the years I've been on these froums, I can tell you one thing with absolute certainty. The more you limit the ways builders can build, there will be less interest in your CBP. Only a very small percentage of builders here build out of box with any regularity. Throw your OOB build rules away and more people will join. Chargers and Camaros are arguably the most popular cars on the planet, so if you give folks back their creative freedom, you might find more people interested.

A second thought. You have two sides of the muscle car trinity here. I think you should add Mustangs of the same years and really get a Chevy, Ford, Mopar competition going. It could be fun.

Guys, Please refer to the rules as I have edited them once again.

Actually I agree with what Jared said:

Charger '66-'87, although the later cars could barely hold the name Charger compared to there predecessors. And ’06- Present

Mustang ’64 1/2- Present

Camaro ’67-’02, ’10- Present