Model Cars Magazine Forum

Help finding Model Cars Magazine in Florida...

Guest zebm1

I get mine from Phil's Hobby Shop in Pinellas Park, FL. Why don't yu get a subscription to Gregg's magazine Tonio? Send me an email (with a return addy) and I'll send yu one of their subscription cards. Shouldn't take long to reach yu, check out my location. :wink:

Zeb

• 2 weeks later...

Let's start a campaign.

Everyone, Ask your local Borders or Barnes & Nobel if they can carry MCM

I am working on getting in there now, but if they start getting hit with requests, they may go like "Light Bulb On", and it may help to get in.

What do you say?

• 2 years later...

Know this is an old post, but the other day I picked up the latest issue of MCM at one of very few LHS in Albuquerque, NM and it is now the only magazine publication they now carry. When I asked why, he said all the other mags including SAE along with die cast and radio control magazines were not selling, so he stopped carrying them.

Ed K

Unless things have changed (my subscription has lapsed) without a bipad (UPC) number none of the distributors will carry a magazine of any kind. We used to own a newsstand here (TX) and we carried the mag, but had to get it direct from Goldenbell. Kind of a hassel but since I model I didn't mind. Also the big distributors as well as the retail outlets like to get thier stuff on a regular schedule.

Harry,

Saw that the mag is going to get UPC soon. Is that a precursor to being available at the big retail outlets?

Have they solved the problem of magazine delays, one reason sub expired. Noticed on home page that

May/June is still up, what about next two issues? Would like to start getting it again but don't like the delays or excuses.

Harry,

Saw that the mag is going to get UPC soon. Is that a precursor to being available at the big retail outlets?

Have they solved the problem of magazine delays, one reason sub expired. Noticed on home page that

May/June is still up, what about next two issues? Would like to start getting it again but don't like the delays or excuses.

We're working on getting the magazine back on schedule. It's a long story, lots of "behind the scenes" stuff... don't really want to get into it here, but it is is a big priority. We are doing our best to get the magazine back on schedule, your patience is very much appreciated as we sort things out.

The website hasn't been updated in a while... actually the October issue is out now.

We are currently working on newsstand availability. Again, it's a long story, and I don't want to get into the details here. There are a lot of issues at play, but the bottom line is, we are doing our best to make things right. I know that it's frustrating for you guys, but believe me, it's even more frustrating for us! We are doing everything we can to A: Keep to a timely publication schedule, and B: Get MCM onto the newsstands. But getting onto the newsstands is easier said than done. Magazines with big-time publishers behind them have a lot more "clout" when it comes to newsstand presence. MCM doesn't have the luxury of a big-time publisher behind it... it's more or less a "labor of love" by Gregg, and that makes it that much more difficult to gain newsstand presence.

We're working on it as best we can. Hopefully soon you'll see MCM available at mass merchandisers. In the meantime, there's always the option to subscribe. That way you'll get the magazine delivered to your door no matter what.