Model Cars Magazine Forum

?`s AMT DD streamliner

rssschris

Has anyone biult the streamliner dragster from AMT`s double dragster kit ? I am wondering if any of the hemi options will fit under the engine cover or do you have to use the chevy engine ?

I would also like to see some pics of any dragsters you guys have biult from the double dragster kit.

Thanks,

Chris Downs

I could have sworn that the original question was....... "I am wondering if any of the hemi options will fit under the engine cover or do you have to use the chevy engine ?"

Anyone have an answer? I would also like to know if the Hemi fits the streamliner body.

WF

I could have sworn that the original question was....... "I am wondering if any of the hemi options will fit under the engine cover or do you have to use the chevy engine ?"

Anyone have an answer? I would also like to know if the Hemi fits the streamliner body.

WF

Chris also said:I :would also like to see some pics of any dragsters you guys have biult from the double dragster kit.

Thanks,:B)

DSCF0001-1.jpg?t=1301434533Looking at the instructions (novel idea) it looks as if the HEMI with the injectors "MAY" work, but the carb set up and blown version defiantly will NOT.FW (?)DSCF0002-2.jpg?t=1301434394 Here's your Stream liner, a long ago build,The Hemi does fit with out the engine cover. I wonder if you could work up a front drive blower set up ?The parts are there. Edited by Greg Myers

The Hemi should work in the Streamliner. Just use the Potvin Front Blower asssembly. The engine cover may meed trimming at the edges but you'll have to check that out.

I have the Streamliner(Cad powered) and Dragster(Allison powered) on the bench.

I just finished the Fiat, Walt's Puffer A/A

WaltsPuffer110411A.jpg

Thanks for the pictures guys, lot of good stuff there . I`m was tring to decide what way to build mine. Decided to pick up a couple more & build all the versions. As far as the Hemi fitting under the Streamliners hood, Didn`t AMT`s 53 Ford pickup have a fuel injection setup for it`s optional Hemi engine ?

Chris Downs

Has anyone given much thought to the seam on the top of the stream liner? I'm thinking an aircraft type build, where everything inside is finished and then the body half's are glued together, then the body opening is sealed with tape and the body sanded smooth and finished.B)