Model Cars Magazine Forum

71 amt charger

This is a great kit except for the auto tranny stalk on the steering column. Would rather go with a console (from where?) and possibly convert tranny (from where?) to manual. Could console be eliminated altogether? Thanks guys!

Edited by stevez

For the console, I am using one from the older MPC 74 Charger That I happened to cut out to put a bench seat in one of. The 71 Roadrunner also has one you need to cut out. I will have to check my kits on the tranny, but just from memory, I think I will start with the 70 Super Bee/68 Roadrunner kits.

Hope this helps,

Mike

Steve, if you remove the console, REMEMBER to add the shifter hump to the left side of the trans hump. Chryslers used TWO DIFFERENT floor pans. A regular one for Automatics, and the bulged one (For shifter clearance) for the manual shift cars. i converted the 71 Charger to a 4 spd by uesing the console from the old AAR Cuda from Monogram. and the 4 spd from the AMT 70 Super B kit. It wasn't hard to do at all. :D:(;)