Model Cars Magazine Forum

2010 Chrysler 300C Hearse - Update 7.30.14

Tumbler75

OK, I wasn't gonna post this but I'm so far along that some people are jus' thinking I'm jus' plain nutz for tackling this project. A friend of mine who owns a detailing shop presented the idea of a Chrysler 300C Hearse to me when one came through his shop one day. Next time it came in I snapped off a couple of photos and got to work. So far the frame has been stretched to the 131" Wheelbase and securely joined, rear seat and parcel shelf removed, body stretched, modified, and joined together (with pins in the rocker panels for security). Now comes the fun part. Making all the reinforcements and body panels to make this car a true Hearse, including the interior and bed. Enjoy! B)

DSCF0122.jpg

DSCF0123.jpg

DSCF0305.jpg

DSCF0306.jpg

DSCF0311.jpg

DSCF0309.jpg

continued on next page..... :)

Edited by Tumbler75

That's great challenge and a great start!

What will you use to create the extended roof line and the rear access door for the coffin? Just a suggestion but the Johan ambulance and possibly a modified Nomad roof may work. On the other hand, with your obvious talents, you could probably scratchbuid it!

Tony.

Thanx everyone for the comments! It helps me keep going on this project.

2nd Update today! I haven't been able to put this car down! But it's rainy and cold so it's all good! LoL

Well started the bracing and some of the roof work. Now you'll see why I left the roof intact in the front like I did. Hehe Yes this is going to be a "Hi-Top" hearse because these cars don't have much headroom as it is. I also "squared" off the rear door windows.

DSCF0330.jpg

DSCF0331.jpg

DSCF0332.jpg

DSCF0333.jpg

As promised the rear door panels.

DSCF0335.jpg

DSCF0336.jpg

Enjoy! B)

First of I wanna thank everyone for their comments! It has been a great help to keep me motivated and focused on this build. It's been a build in the planning for years. I know a lot of you wouldn't believe I did this unless you saw this thread and the updates that come along with it. Well here's another update!

I present to you an almost completely ready for body work Hearse! I have the back half completely sealed up. Now it's time to let her rest and the glue cure before I fine tune the rest. Thanx again for following everyone.

DSCF0345.jpg

DSCF0346.jpg

DSCF0347.jpg

DSCF0350.jpg

DSCF0349.jpg

UPDATE TIME!! :rolleyes: Ok, I wasn't gonna bore you guys with the 4 days of styrene putty drying time, then 2 days of sanding, bondoing in the low spots, and sanding some more. I have to say I'm rather happy with the results. I do see some spots that need fixed. The saying is true. No Two Hearses are ever alike! LoL Enough of my blabbin'. On to the pics.

I scribed all door lines, trim lines, etc after all the sanding was done. Then I sprayed it with 1 light coat of primer and sanded it to find the spots that needed work. This is the result of 3 light coats and one good coat of "Filler/Sandable Primer" by DupliColor. Then a light polish to smooth it out nicely.

DSCF0386.jpg

DSCF0387.jpg

DSCF0388.jpg

DSCF0389.jpg

DSCF0391.jpg

DSCF0392.jpg

DSCF0393.jpg

Enjoy! :D

P.S. Thanx to all those who have followed this build! It's been a blast to build this 1 off ride! David@Minidreams I appreciate you lookin' in your stash for another casket for me. It's much appreciated.