Model Cars Magazine Forum

Fallen Heros

bbowser

Very nice! I have a few of these memorial type builds in the plans myself, including many Dale Earnhardt cars, Neil Bonnett's car he drove for Dale Earnhardt (the car I believe was the one he was killed in), a couple of Davey's cars, and my all time personal favorite, the "Underbird" Alan Kulwicki drove to win his Winston Cup.

Very nice! I have a few of these memorial type builds in the plans myself, including many Dale Earnhardt cars, Neil Bonnett's car he drove for Dale Earnhardt (the car I believe was the one he was killed in), a couple of Davey's cars, and my all time personal favorite, the "Underbird" Alan Kulwicki drove to win his Winston Cup.

Neil Bonnett was killed while driving the Country time car in practice at Daytona , yellow and flouresent red . He did drive a mom and pops car for Richard Childress racing #31. Hoosier Tires were on his car which blew out and probably caused hids death.

Neil Bonnett was killed while driving the Country time car in practice at Daytona , yellow and flouresent red . He did drive a mom and pops car for Richard Childress racing #31. Hoosier Tires were on his car which blew out and probably caused hids death.

Thanks for the correction, Dave. I knew the Mom & Pops car, which is the one I have the decals for, had an Earnhardt connection, but didn't remember that it was actually a Childress ride.

• 2 weeks later...

Neil only raced that Mom and Pops car twice, once at Talledega where he ended up flipping it and once at the season ending Atlanta race where he raced it for 3 laps and then parked it due to engine (cough) problems. Dale was racing for the Championship and they intended to park it to help Earnhardt in the points.