Model Cars Magazine Forum

My current projects

Helipilot16

I'm currently working mostly on two projects. The first is the long stalled '40 Ford convertible I call Bluestar. I have actually been making progress. I'm working on the door latches and interior door panels. The latches have been a real challenge. I'm giving up on trying to make it to scale. When I do, it's too fragile. It'll still look okay.

I recently began work on a '61 Ford Starliner. I've put together a '61 Galaxy body with a '60 Starliner roof. The galaxy is an old styline kit. The major work is almost done. I am proud of the results.

006a.jpg

WOW!!! I couldn't tell that you added a Starliner roof to a Galaxy body! Nice job!!!B)

Thank you. I hope to finish this one as soon as I get the '65 Galaxy I've bought on Ebay. I'll use its interior. My inspiration is George Poteet's black one. I'll post a poictaure of that one as soon as I can.

That is a VERY WELL DONE conversion! You got the hard part done------that is getting rid of the 1960 "dip" in the tulip panel which that model year Starliner had. It looks like the original from what I can see! :lol:

..........And yes, '61 Starliners were the high water mark IMO of the '60-'64 series Fords. After that they became more boxy and less stylish-------although still good looking cars for their day.