Model Cars Magazine Forum

1955 Chevy Bel Air Convertible "Scarlet Chevy"

TheCat

Another nice job Felix, my 2 suggestions, spark plug wires, and in a convertible, flocking. What colors did you use?

It does have spark plug wires. On this engine they run from the back to the side of the engine. A friend has a 55 Chevy and the spark plug wires run from back to the side of the engine. On this view you won't see it.

So, if anyone builds this engine and show the spark plug wires going over the valve covers, they are doing it wrong and it' not accurate.

Here's a picture of one I've found online.

chevrolet-00270-4.jpg

Colors - Testor's Glosss Black, Testor's Transparent Candy Apple Red, Testor's Flat rRd (interior), Tamiya Flat Black (interior), Testor's Bright Silver as the first base color.

Beautiful build. Cleanly done and a great color combination!

I normally don't throw in any suggestions on someone's finished car 'cause I don't wanna make anyone mad but I hate to see such a clean build and have anything take away from that.....I've got two suggestions and they're easy fixes.

1. The rear of your front bumper is turned down. It should be leveled out a bit.

2. You forgot your door handles. I wondered if you were going for a shaved look but I doubt it since the rest of the car looks so stock.

I hope you don't take offense to me saying that. I think the car looks fantastic either way!

Beautiful build. Cleanly done and a great color combination!

I normally don't throw in any suggestions on someone's finished car 'cause I don't wanna make anyone mad but I hate to see such a clean build and have anything take away from that.....I've got two suggestions and they're easy fixes.

1. The rear of your front bumper is turned down. It should be leveled out a bit.

2. You forgot your door handles. I wondered if you were going for a shaved look but I doubt it since the rest of the car looks so stock.

I hope you don't take offense to me saying that. I think the car looks fantastic either way!

Hi Greg - Thanks... The front bumper was a major pain. :lol: It didn't want to stay on. I agree, it should be a little bit turned up. The front bumper on the real car is turned down, but mine is a bit too turned down.

On the door handles, It was a last minute decision and I went with the shaved look. The build from the start was going to be a RestoMod and not 100% stock. I kept everything pretty much stock with the exception of the color combo and shaved look. :lol: