Model Cars Magazine Forum

1955 Pontiac Safari Wagon

Space Cowboy

Modelhaus does make a resin kit, but it is PRICEY!! If I can make one suggestion when you start...........make sure you lengthen the front fenders. B)

Not to be overly harsh, but every time I see someone convert a '55-'57 Chevy to a Pontiac, the front fenders are never long enough. Might not make much difference in scale, but if you're going all the way with a lot of body work-------may as well do the fenders too.

Pontiacs had a bit more real estate between the trailing edge of the wheelwell and the leading edge of the front door, due to their longer wheelbase. ;)

Curious why you added the length to the back?

The real Safaris and Nomads were identical in the roof/rear/glass - the Pontiac gained the length in the front fenders!

Correct. There's an obvious flaw in the build already ... too bad to put that much work into something that far off. Front end looks too short and the rear quarters and roof look too long.

Unless it's going to be some kind of custom.

I'll shut up and watch.

:lol:

Correct. There's an obvious flaw in the build already ... too bad to put that much work into something that far off. Front end looks too short and the rear quarters and roof look too long.

Unless it's going to be some kind of custom.

I'll shut up and watch.

:blink:

I wish to thank you all for pointing out my flaw. I will be making changes to it as we talk. I will add to the front not the back..Thanks for the input it helps a lot..............

I wish to thank you all for pointing out my flaw. I will be making changes to it as we talk. I will add to the front not the back..Thanks for the input it helps a lot..............

Glad you took it constructively, as it was intended. Some people can't handle any kind or degree of reality, but obviously you're up for it.

You do a lot of very innovative builds and conversions; just didn't want to see this one end up unbalanced or odd-looking if you were pursuing a stock or nearly stock build.

I really will be watching with interest, as I love these older Pontiacs. I'm not as ambitious as you ... I won't be converting one and not likely to spend the $$$ on a vintage AAM or ~ even better, the real benchmark of resin Ponchos, Shawn Carpenter.

Carry on with best wishes!

:(