Model Cars Magazine Forum

1955 BelAir Street Rod (Mild)

Tumbler75

Ok, someone told me while I'm waiting for the styrene putty on the 300C to dry out and harden up. I needed something simple to keep my mind occupied. Ok, first off me building something simple is like asking Vincent Van Gogh to do Paint by Numbers w/ Water Colours! LoL I figured out long ago I can't do anything "Box Stock." Well I am keeping the mods down to simple ones, if you wanna call them that. LoL

First off I "Lightly" Frenched in the headlights but not enough to take away from the character lines of the car. I also opened up the grill for a li'l more realism.

DSCF0367.jpg

DSCF0366.jpg

DSCF0368.jpg

DSCF0370.jpg

Then I got creative because I want this car down but not so far down that the undercarriage drags the ground and I hated the "optional" suspension. So, I got out the knife, needle files, some tubing, and pins and got to work! I made the upper and lower A-arms where they function up and down. Next I'll cut the "spindle" off the lower A-arms and make new spindles to drop this car a li'l more and where the tires will be poseable.

DSCF0363.jpg

DSCF0362.jpg

DSCF0361.jpg

Till next update! Enjoy! :)

Need to take off the spindle part and drill out the ball joints so you can get a set of the Cornet spindles that come in that kit. They have a long enuff spindle arm to put them style rims and use brake on and also are long enuff to flow for what you are trying to do. This will take care of the camber problem and place them back down on all fours.

Chas Cochran

Deco Rides USA 1/24th Scale