Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Metal wheels?

4 posts in this topic

Posted · Report post

I honestly had no clue where to put this so if this is in the wrong section please move it.

Anyway, I recently won an ebay auction for a set of Fujimi OZ racing wheels. Now I thought these were just a normal set of wheels just older, 1991 to be exact not the oldest I have by them but they still have some age. Now when I opened the box I found out that these were metal! Solid no plastic what so ever. My question is were these made alot? Also are they rare? I would actually prefer these over plastic, they seem easier to paint.

Posted · Report post

Don't know, can you post a pic?

Posted · Report post

I honestly had no clue where to put this so if this is in the wrong section please move it.

Anyway, I recently won an ebay auction for a set of Fujimi OZ racing wheels. Now I thought these were just a normal set of wheels just older, 1991 to be exact not the oldest I have by them but they still have some age. Now when I opened the box I found out that these were metal! Solid no plastic what so ever. My question is were these made alot? Also are they rare? I would actually prefer these over plastic, they seem easier to paint.

Years ago I purchased a similar set at a swap meet. The tires were great but one of the metal rims was flat-spotted at the outside rim. I still haven't figured out what to do with them - it's been over 15 years!

If yours are round - Great. Noting gives the look of metal - but metal!

Posted · Report post

One of mine has a flat spot too! Not to noticeable but its there. Must have been the mold.