Model Cars Magazine Forum

1/25 Scale Resin 1970 Swinger

Anyone here have experience(s) with Scale Coachworks' transkits ? I see that they have ( had , actually , as it's sold out ) a 1970 Dart Swinger :

http://www.rocketfin.com/resin_product.cfm?id=4852

If anyone here has built one or more of Scale Coachworks kit , I'd like to see them , along with a critique . Thanks !

I have Scale Coachworks' Swinger, and it is really well executed. I'm on a Mopar muscle car kick right now, and its on the 'to do' pile. Stay tuned, I will post pics when done!

Here's a pic of the resin parts I found in a search. If you can find one, buy it - its that good.

eDartSwingerbyScaleCoachworks1-vi.jpg

I gotta second that for Larry! I got two of them a while back, and they ARE NICE!!! they don't FALL together, but they ARE so cleanly cast that you WON'T have any trouble building it! It's a nice light tan resin that easy to work with. Mike's Miniature Motors sells them for Scale Coachworks. Try checkin him out, he MIGHT still have some.B):);)

I gotta second that for Larry! I got two of them a while back, and they ARE NICE!!! they don't FALL together, but they ARE so cleanly cast that you WON'T have any trouble building it! It's a nice light tan resin that easy to work with. Mike's Miniature Motors sells them for Scale Coachworks. Try checkin him out, he MIGHT still have some.:DB);)

Do you have an URL for Mike's site? :):):)

I gotta second that for Larry! I got two of them a while back, and they ARE NICE!!! they don't FALL together, but they ARE so cleanly cast that you WON'T have any trouble building it! It's a nice light tan resin that easy to work with. Mike's Miniature Motors sells them for Scale Coachworks. Try checkin him out, he MIGHT still have some.B) B) ;)

Hey George 53, How about sending me one of them, I'm an advid Duster,Dart and Demon collector, I always wanted a Nice 70 Dart Swinger, What do you need 2 of those for? Share the wealth Brother. :P

Steve, I learned ALOOOOONG time ago, If it's RESIN, better get 'em while ya can, cause they MIGHT be gone when ya DO want one! Check out Bandit Resins brother, Kenny's got a 71 Scamp, ALMOST the same car,and JUST as nice a quality as the Modelhaus! Got me one a them too!!!B):PB);)

I already own the Bandit 71 Scamp, Also the AFX 70 Dart, I ordered one of those , And I never got it, I have no idea what happend to it,Oh well. I'll make my own. Far better then that one! I still would like to see some of your built models,Like that 71 Barracuda you did like I was doing mine. :)

Edited by spkgibson

Steve, I don't post pics because I don't know HOW! Clay has tried till he's blue in the face to show me. In fact, that pinned "How to post pics" thread WAS for ME! But I jus don't feel like learnin how. It just not that important to me. Now I can ANSWER ALOT of questions , I been at this for 50 + years now. Still don't paint as well as I'd like to, but hey, I don't build for show. Gonna get Donny Yost's painting CD one of these days, I saw bits of it and it looks like what i could use! Pm me Daddy-O. I can TELL ya what you might need to know!;) ;) :);)

70DartSwingerc.jpg

Here is the one I got many years ago. I got the bumpers chromed and took the picture in 2007. I still have not built it yet. Did Scale Coachworks go out of buisness? I bought mine right from his sight but it is gone now.

Also Bandit Resins 71 Scamp is real nice too. I did build that one in 2008.

71SCAMPB.jpg

• 1 year later...

Check out Mike's Scale models, he carry's Scale Coachworks ltd. 71 Dart Swinger. Excellent trans kit for the Revell Darts. Builds up a beautiful model. Kenny's resin is a 71 Scamp, it also just drops onto the Dart chassis. I have both and can vouch for BOTH of their quality!

Does anyone include an interior kit along with the body ?

The interiors from the Revell '68-'69 Darts are totally incorrect (excepting the console / shifter) for the 1970-1972 Darts .

Also , the resin 1970 Darts I've seen were sans windwings ! That's too much intricate work to hand-make for an arthritic fool like me !! :unsure:<_<:(

Too bad he went under. That looks like a nice casting. I'll get Bandit's Scamp, though. Those little coupes are nice-looking cars. There's a '74 Swinger for sale near me that needs a little cleaning up, but is a very good start. I've toyed with grabbing it if the finances present themselves.

Charlie Larkin