Model Cars Magazine Forum

Jaguar XKE Pro Mod

Hello.......this will be my first attempt at a Pro Mod.......Mr. Paul Rowe Champion Pro builder and painter......gave me a resin Pro Mod motor and a few other goodies.......so I said what the heck?......I purchased a new Entex Jaguar and a built up Entex Jaguar......I will construct the 2 bodies to make one to scale......this will be a make believe Pro Mod.......I have never seen one ......so that tells me that .......it probably would not work?.......thank`s for looking

DSCF7702.jpg

Edited by John Teresi

Should be interesting John. Don't worry about it being believeable or not. One of the best parts of the pro mod classes is seeing something just a little bit different than what the next guy is running. Just take a peek at some of the European/Australian drag sites and you will see some very interesting body styles selected for competition, including high end Mercedes and BMW's. Heck, if Rick Moore can turn a Lambhorgini Countach into a pro mod (late 80's, early 90's), then what you have planned is not so far-fetched. Can't wait to see what you do with it.

Hi John, after seeing this Pro-Mod build and some others I have noticed that the front ends are usually stretched and the body is widened. I live in Kansas so I have only seen the NHRA Summer Nationals in Topeka and they don’t run the Pro-Mods at that event so I have never seen them in person.

My question is, are they a set wheel base and width per the rules? It seems like a lot of body mods are needed to make an accurate representation of one of these cars.

This going to be a gorgeous car, the XKE looks good as any type of race car.

From what I've seen of the rules for the P/M type car (I say P/M type because the ADRL does not use the Pro-Mod moniker,Pro-Extreme for blown cars & Pro-Nitrous for nitrous cars),both racing bodies rules are same up to certain points, the wheelbase is the same: min.100" max.115" (for cars, trucks are longer)width is also the same: 2" either way, both allow a front overhang of 45"'s from center of wheel to tip of the nose with a approved extension if the front doesn't make it to 45".

Hello......the body is just about ready for primmer........a little tweak here and there .......a little straightening and sanding........I left the skirts a little long ......I will adjust them when I build the chassis......I know she looks ugly now......but,I think she will look good when I am done........thank`s for looking.

DSCF7969.jpg

DSCF7970.jpg

DSCF7978.jpg

DSCF7976.jpg

DSCF7973.jpg

DSCF7983.jpg

DSCF7975.jpg

DSCF7980.jpg

DSCF7979.jpg

DSCF7981.jpg

Edited by John Teresi