Model Cars Magazine Forum

Jaguar XKE Pro Mod

I don't know, what to say... The chassis looks GOOD!!! I like the weathering, and that silver basecoat on it. The talents are simply outstanding with this one... Can't wait to see it finished... I'd like to build one PM too, but after seeing this one, I'll hide that one forever :angry: !

Hello......I`m back on the work bench.......Mr. Paul Rowe sent me a resin Pro Mod rear axle.......I scratch built some shock`s and braces.......some reference photo`s provide by Paul Rowe and Clay Kemp......thank`s,Guy`s......I have the rear end just about mocked- up......I will file and shape a few things then I will paint the chassis......Baddgass this is the glue I use.......thank`s for looking.

Looks great !! John. What size brass nuts and bolts do you use for the suspension? and were are the preformed rod ends available?

DSCF8249.jpg

DSCF8240.jpg

DSCF8248.jpg

DSCF8245.jpg

DSCF8242.jpg

DSCF8241.jpg

DSCF8246.jpg

:(

I agree..

The close ups.look so real..

frame colour and tarnishing adds to the "Used" look.. the completed model will attain.

:D

Hello.....I did some work on the electrical panel board.......front and rear brakes are installed.......bottles are installed........electrical is about 1/2 done.....I will finish up the electrical tomorrow......thank`s for looking.

DSCF8357.jpg

DSCF8361.jpg

DSCF8367.jpg

DSCF8368.jpg

DSCF8369.jpg

DSCF8374.jpg

DSCF8375.jpg

DSCF8377.jpg

DSCF8382.jpg

DSCF8384.jpg

Hello John. I'm fairly new here, but I am totally blown away with the level of detail you are putting in this build. I love details and especially scratchbuildin', but you have gone beyond. Truly an amazing build.

Hello.......I finished up the wheelie bar......I made it removable so that it is easy to pack up for traveling.......I also installed the battery ......and thank you all for the kind comment`s......... I really do appreciate them .......thank`s for looking.

DSCF8385.jpg

DSCF8387.jpg

DSCF8388.jpg

DSCF8390.jpg

DSCF8392.jpg

DSCF8389.jpg

DSCF8391.jpg

DSCF8393.jpg

John i have seen alot of your work on line and in the model magazines. I ever have the new model car mag. you're one of the FAB FIVE award winners. Your incredible Jammer Stremliner is one of thebest i have seen. So don't take this the wrong way a please no one out there take it wrong. But i don't under stand you weathering the chassis on a Pro Mod, it looks like it been out in someone back lot! All the Pro Stock, Pro Mods, Pro Xs and so on are super clean inside and out.

image_0c10.jpg

image_00.jpg

image_001.jpg

John i have seen alot of your work on line and in the model magazines. I ever have the new model car mag. you're one of the FAB FIVE award winners. Your incredible Jammer Stremliner is one of thebest i have seen. So don't take this the wrong way a please no one out there take it wrong. But i don't under stand you weathering the chassis on a Pro Mod, it looks like it been out in someone back lot! All the Pro Stock, Pro Mods, Pro Xs and so on are super clean inside and out.

image_0c10.jpg

image_00.jpg

image_001.jpg

[/quote

WOW!!!!!.......this is the second time I have been shut down about the weathered chassis in a week.......I have been working on this model little over a month......it should be done in a couple of weeks.......I don`t know why I like to weather stuff?.......I just do.......believe me,the next Pro Mod I make will have a pretty little chassis........thank`s for the comments.