Model Cars Magazine Forum

73 Buick Century

OK all you guys on here seem to know a lot more about past produced products than myself. SOOooo Was a 73 Buick Century ever made in 1/25 scale by anyone??

And I'm also looking for 1/25 scale motorcycles.. I have the Harley thats in the Ford Harley Davidson Truck combo....But where else can I get street bikes from???

But where else can I get street bikes from???

I'm not sure if this fits with what you're asking, but there were a couple of pickup kits that came with dirt bikes. I can't remember offhand which kits they were, but I think maybe an old Datsun from Revell and maybe a Chevy from AMT.

One of the die-cast companys makes a serise of Harley bikes in about 1/25 scale, Miasto. I think.

Steve, I think they are 1/18 scale. A friend of mine has a couple of those, and they are about they same size as my 1/18 scale OCC choppers.

HPIM1708.jpg

yeah there was a chavy 4x4 van kit that had a dirt bike, trailer and an "odyssey" go cart type thing. the mpc monte carlo also had a mini dirt bike. Im looking for street bikes mostly, something I can easily turn into a chopper.

One of the die-cast companys makes a serise of Harley bikes in about 1/25 scale, Miasto. I think.

You are correct...the Hobby Lobbys around here have a decent selection of them, with their limited diecasts. they are around $4-5 each and cover just about every era of Harley ever produced. I've got about four or five different ones, pics upon request (I'd have to dig 'em out), but they seem to be scaled pretty well for our 1/25 scale pickup beds :D

With the Maisto Harleys, if you sww onw onw you like, get it. Seems they switch models every other year or so, bringing out new ones and discontuing older releases.

You might also want to watch out for the old Ridge Riders line, I beleive they were made by Road Champs. They're long since out of production, but you might find some. They were mostly '70s/'80s motorcycles, both street and dirt, but the did also make a few 3 wheel atvs, an early Suzuki Quadrunner, as well as some very nice, if dated by todays standards, bicycles.

One more note, the recently reissued Class Action Monte Carlo has a very nice Triumph chopper w/trailer incuded.

Not to be too nitpicky, but the Maisto bikes were in 1:24, though I doubt anyone would notice the scale discrepancy if you put it with a 1:25 car or truck model. I have the Maisto Sportster in that scale, but the smaller Maisto bikes aren't nearly as common as the 1:18 scale models.

I went by the local Hobby Lobby after work yestday and found that they did have a couple of the Maisto 1/24 scale harleys. I bought 2 diff ones at $6 each. Came home to check em out really good, the detail is pretty good and they are about the same exact size as the bike in the HD ford kit. They have alot of mold lines and need to be detailed a bit more. SO out came the pliers and tiny flathead screwdriver. These bikes are completely held together with small metal pins. Pull those out and everything comes off in layers and you can mix and match parts from other bikes. Im gonna clean em up, rechrome it, detail and repaint it to match what i need. Also looked on Ebay and theres a ton of 1/24 diecast bikes on there. In fact I ordered 2 sets of 6 diff bikes. So I should finally be able to piece together any combo of bike I need.

And I have that Lindberg 1/35 buick if anyone wants to trade for it.

Edited by doublej