Post pics of your fave long roof(wagon)

philo426

I built this '60 Plymouth wagon many moons ago:

DSC03894-vi.jpg

I might consider a redo on it.

This Alternomad was fun to build:DSC03899-vi.jpgDSC03900-vi.jpg

This '66 Chevelle wagon is the latest in my display;

photo3-vi.jpgphoto4-vi.jpgphoto4-vi.jpgphoto2-vi.jpg

This one represents my first ever attempt at chopping a top on a model.

26 minutes ago, PatW said:

If I've got the idea right, some of my long roofs from a few years work.................some more radical than others.............

photo-th.jpg

I love that 850! I want to get one to make a replica of my friends 850 but those kits are pretty pricey.

20180902_122848.jpg

2 hours ago, Adecoste said:

I love that 850! I want to get one to make a replica of my friends 850 but those kits are pretty pricey.

20180902_122848.jpg

Yes I see the 850R race version on ebay UK on a very regular basis at over £50, nearly 3 times the price of the original kit, one that I built when they first came out! As a race/airfield marshal at Silverstone circuit I was there on the launch day.

photo2-th.jpg

1 hour ago, PatW said:

Yes I see the 850R race version on ebay UK on a very regular basis at over £50, nearly 3 times the price of the original kit, one that I built when they first came out! As a race/airfield marshal at Silverstone circuit I was there on the launch day.

photo2-th.jpg

You must have seen the 850R BTCC that hotwheels came out with 

20200425_170905.jpg

On 4/25/2020 at 9:11 PM, Adecoste said:

You must have seen the 850R BTCC that hotwheels came out with 

20200425_170905.jpg

We don't see many Hotwheels here because they are so expensive. There was an article in another Model magazine showing a guy in Asia and his collection of customised Hotwheels, they seem to be quite cheap in the USA but here they are about £10 each! Expensive for such a small diecast model.

1 minute ago, PatW said:

We don't see many Hotwheels here because they are so expensive. There was an article in another Model magazine showing a guy in Asia and his collection of customised Hotwheels, they seem to be quite cheap in the USA but here they are about £10 each! Expensive for such a small diecast model.

Wow that crazy. In Canada they are around $1.50

20 hours ago, PatW said:

they're a quid in tesco mate,

2 hours ago, stitchdup said:

they're a quid in tesco mate,

I'll check that out! We have a medium size Tesco here and I don't see any diecasts there at the moment. They had a few diecasts last year but not the quality of Hotwheels.