Model Cars Magazine Forum

P&P Resin Works '53 Ford Extra Cab

I saw this on Ebay and thought it looked awesome so I grabbed it. Got it in the mail today and on first glance this conversion looks GREAT!! clean lines, great detail (you can even see the headliner) and super smooth. It looks a bit thin in some areas, you can hold it up to the light and see though it pretty easy. As long as I dont get happy with the sanding it should be ok. The kit comes with the cab and floorboard/ running board area. I got it a bit cheaper than the website has it. I only wish it had a slight 3/4 inch chop. I'll grab a donor kit and start on it pretty soon. Maybe go with a 53 ford dually Extra cab custom hauler with a matching show car in tow.

This company has mostly Big Rig resin parts but does offer a few car parts. Anyone else ever get anything from them before??

http://www.ppvintagekits.com/RESIN-WORKS/RESIN-CAR-PARTS.html

Yep, I've bought a few things from Eric, and his work is just as you said, GREAT! Everything I've bought from him is his big rig stuff, one of his hoods and the toolboxes and fenders.

HPIM2111.jpg

HPIM2209.jpg

Also, just in case you were not aware of it, he posts on here under the screenname Porky. :(

I saw this on Ebay and thought it looked awesome so I grabbed it. Got it in the mail today and on first glance this conversion looks GREAT!! clean lines, great detail (you can even see the headliner) and super smooth. It looks a bit thin in some areas, you can hold it up to the light and see though it pretty easy. As long as I dont get happy with the sanding it should be ok. The kit comes with the cab and floorboard/ running board area. I got it a bit cheaper than the website has it. I only wish it had a slight 3/4 inch chop. I'll grab a donor kit and start on it pretty soon. Maybe go with a 53 ford dually Extra cab custom hauler with a matching show car in tow.

This company has mostly Big Rig resin parts but does offer a few car parts. Anyone else ever get anything from them before??

http://www.ppvintagekits.com/RESIN-WORKS/RESIN-CAR-PARTS.html

Hey JJ

Thanks for the good words on the casting. I pulled a few more of the 53's today getting ready for the NNL East in Jersey next weekend and I saw that the roof is getting a bit thin on the thing, I guess that is what you are talking about. Guess I will have to make a new mold for it before too long. Maybe do one with the chopped top you are wanting at some point as well.