Model Cars Magazine Forum

Chevy Nova Expert Question

Hello,

Need the help of Chevy Nova Experts.

My question is:

Is there a difference in exterior and or engine between the 1968 thru 1971 Chevy Nova's?

To me they look all the same. What's the difference between them? If any.

Thanks

Those fender louvers were '69 and '70 only, and they were part of an optional decor package.....if it had the fender louvers, it will also have chrome side window trim....likewise, no louvers, no side window chrome. That decor package also included body side molding, I believe.

Edited by roadhawg

68 had its own dash, the key switch was in the dash, its on the steering column on latter cars.

68 SS Chevy II's had "super sport" in block letters low on the front fenders, all others had "SS" higher on the front fenders. 68 Novas had the "Nova" nameplate on the rear quqrter panels, 69 and later cars had these moved to the front fenders.

68's had a three spoke steering wheel, 69 and 70 had two spokes and a four spoke wheel was used in 71 and 72 but I dont know if it was across the board in all of them.

68 and early 69 small block cars had 327 engines switching to 350's sometime in 69.

Bumpers become flatter in 70. Notice the larger parking lights in the newer bumpers.

68 had almost square side marker lamps, the front ones on V8 cars included the engine size call out in the front lights. 69 had small erctangle marker lights, 70 and up had larger rectangle side marker lights.

Taillamps got bigger in 70.

68 had its own dash, the key switch was in the dash, its on the steering column on latter cars.

68 SS Chevy II's had "super sport" in block letters low on the front fenders, all others had "SS" higher on the front fenders. 68 Novas had the "Nova" nameplate on the rear quqrter panels, 69 and later cars had these moved to the front fenders.

68's had a three spoke steering wheel, 69 and 70 had two spokes and a four spoke wheel was used in 71 and 72 but I dont know if it was across the board in all of them.

68 and early 69 small block cars had 327 engines switching to 350's sometime in 69.

Bumpers become flatter in 70. Notice the larger parking lights in the newer bumpers.

68 had almost square side marker lamps, the front ones on V8 cars included the engine size call out in the front lights. 69 had small erctangle marker lights, 70 and up had larger rectangle side marker lights.

Taillamps got bigger in 70.

And that about sums it up! B)