Model Cars Magazine Forum
Gregg

Model Cars Magazine Dealers

I subscribe, but I found it at our LHS, DownRiver Hobby's, so that's cool!!!:D:);)

Hulings Hobby House in Alma, MI sells MCM as well. (And he DOESN'T sell that other mag!)

Just to let you know, Modelbahn Hobbies in Gilbertsville, PA is out of business, so it can be removed from the list. B)

Is there anywhere in England you can pick up a copy ??? I would really like to take a look before I take out a sub', I used to subscribe to the other mag', but that's just ran out,

If you are in Michigan's UP, Book World in St. Ignace also carries Model Cars.

Gregg, I've picked up a copy at Hobbytown USA in Spring Lake, NC!

Greenfield News and Hobby in Greenfield, WI and Model Empire in West Allis(or "Stallis" as we locals call it), WI...they also keep back issues on the rack. I've seen a few at least a year or more old.

Edited by The70judgeman

The Hobby Towne store in Baton Rouge, La is no longer in business.

HobbyTown USA in Murfreesboro TN carries the magazine.

You can scratch that one off the list. Closed down on 12/24/13 :(

well that's sad news that HobbyTown in Murfreesboro closed up. I now live in Montana so I guess it won't matter to me anymore but they were good people there.

Another one, Gregg: Hobby Town USA, 2945 N. Scottsdale Road, Scottsdale, AZ 85251, 480-945-2186.

And, in March the same franchisee is opening a huge new store at 3401 W. Greenway Road, Phoenix, AZ 85053, 480-994-2023.

This is a very old thread now, and a lot has happened since 2014 both to the magazine and model shops generally. Model shops are disappearing fast both in the US and the UK.

The magazine?.....Well that has gotten its own set of problems since 2014, so we will just have to wait and see what happens long term.

Ironic observation, Noel.  I had forgotten this thread, and my post above.

In the 5-1/2 years that have passed since then, the Scottsdale shop to which I referred has closed and the “huge new store” opened. It had a three year run and closed suddenly, unexpectedly, and infamously overnight. Long gone for a couple of years now.

No new shops have opened here, in the fifth largest metropolitan area of the United States. The remaining shops are struggling and without RC car and drone business a couple of those would probably be gone, too.

On 9/17/2019 at 11:24 AM, Danno said:

Ironic observation, Noel.  I had forgotten this thread, and my post above.

In the 5-1/2 years that have passed since then, the Scottsdale shop to which I referred has closed and the “huge new store” opened. It had a three year run and closed suddenly, unexpectedly, and infamously overnight. Long gone for a couple of years now.

No new shops have opened here, in the fifth largest metropolitan area of the United States. The remaining shops are struggling and without RC car and drone business a couple of those would probably be gone, too.

Probably safe to say that the struggles of hobby shop survival mirror those of a magazine. While subscriptions help, having a retail outlet definitely help with the sale of a magazine.

Greg,  

Niagara Hobby & Craft Mart,  3366 Union Road, Buffalo, NY, 14225-5110

is out of business. They closed after 32 years.

Niagara Hobby.JPG