Model Cars Magazine Forum

It's Tool Time

I've not made anything like that(cool BTW),but I have made a few different kinds of sanding devices out of old sprue for those times when I can't get to an area.

Need to cut a bigger round hole? From Lowes comes this neat compass and narrow diameter handle hobby knife. Remove the pencil from the compass and insert the hobby knife make your settings and away you go. Remember with the #11 blade cutting backwards works best.DSCF0003-3.jpg?t=1302730400

Wow I really like this thread, keep em coming guys! I will be picking up one of those Exacto knifes next time at Wallyworld if they have them, heck for $4 I may pick-up two of them, its looks comfortable.

I've already checked in my Walleyworld and they didn't have any, but that don't surprise me here. Will have to check the bigger stores. That looks trick and I gotta try one !! :(

I've already checked in my Walleyworld and they didn't have any, but that don't surprise me here. Will have to check the bigger stores. That looks trick and I gotta try one !! :rolleyes:

That's too bad. I also got one at a nearby Wallster ~ in the artsy artsy crafts department. Real trick little gizmo!

Keep looking ... you'll find one.

:D