Model Cars Magazine Forum

67 Corvette roadster

rick6343

Revell's '67 Corvette roadster. The red plastic taught me a lesson. That color is supposed to be Dupli-color "Pewter" and it looked the part until I cleared it. Now it's kind of copper.

Mid-60s racer. Exhaust and side pipes from the last reissue of the '67 coupe. Wheels from the Baldwin-Motion Corvette. Driver's seat from Stars and Stripes Corvette. L88 setup from a Revell '68-69 Corvette. Tires are four of the "little" Revell Goodyear Sports Car Specials, adapted with parts-box wheel backs. Roll bar is styrene. Decals are from the parts box and 100% fictitious. Spent a lot of time working with the wheel backs and axles to get the wheels/tires to sit just right. The kit went together really well. Comparing the body to other '63-67 Corvettes, I'm pretty sure this one is about 3 scale inches short through the doors. Knowing that now, it definitely looks a bit stubby to me. Has anyone else noticed this?

IMG_4887.jpg

IMG_4880.jpg

Thanks for looking,

Rick-

Nice job on that! I see what you mean about the red bleeding through. It still looks good though. I've got a build going right now that I have primered in Krylon white. There is one piece on the entire body that is made from red plastic and it is bleeding through. I think that I may hit it with a bit of silver and then the white primer to see if that helps. Fortunately for me it is on the underside of a whale tail so it may not show so badly. It may be in the shadows just enough.

Anywho....enough rambling. Your build is cool.

Later-