Model Cars Magazine Forum

Have Your Cake and Eat It Too

so i was making some caramel coconut pies last night and discovered something.the Kroger brand creme cheese is wrapped in diamond plate!!! how Sweet is that. :blink:

100_0966.jpg

100_0967.jpg

(i stole the pie recipe from myoutdoortv.com a long time ago. if you want it, pm me. they are easy.)

Edited by Carmikeman

Fabulous find. Yes, it's a great find. I'm always on the lookout for textured papers, etc . . . like gum wrappers and cigarette box innerds, stuff like that.

Very cool, so thank you for sharing with the community.

Hum . . . here's another idea, I wonder if painted with transparent black if that would not pass as pretty good carbon fiber?

Fabulous find. Yes, it's a great find. I'm always on the lookout for textured papers, etc . . . like gum wrappers and cigarette box innerds, stuff like that.

Very cool, so thank you for sharing with the community.

Hum . . . here's another idea, I wonder if painted with transparent black if that would not pass as pretty good carbon fiber?

oh no!!! the Doctor is getting his chemicals out again. :lol:;):lol::P

For those looking foil like the kind found in cigarette packs try the cake section at the big craft stores(AC MOORE). They have rolls of it in gold or silver. I guess used to sit cakes on.

I used for the heat shielding on the exhaust pipe and tunnel of this Peugeot rally car. I usually use a spray adhesive on the back to mount it.

grq4_1d4_u9fk1.jpg

Edited by 935k3

While gathering pieces for his '32 roadster build, my buddy Matt saw this pattern in the foil cover of his daughter's single-serve applesauce cups....and he made a very cool firewall out of it.

DSC02870-vi.jpg

Like I always say, it pays to shop outside the model aisle.