Model Cars Magazine Forum

What gets you going?

I like that, 'Cars with a purpose'.

Function, then form attracts me. A very nice blend of both is automotive heaven to me.

Agreed and perfectly said. Here's my 1:1 expression of those traits:

O-2.jpg

I also share Skip's love of classics-cars with 'presence'.

I started modelling when i was 13 with an AMT Ford Phantom Vicky. Dad and I built it unpainted and unfortunately I lost it. it wasn't until this year, some 11 years later that I've gotten back into modelling. I've learnt so much from here that it's amazing.

As far as cars I like, I'd have to say my favourite builds are rat rods, because I've leanr which kits have seperate chassis' and I chop and channel the body and have the freedom to add as much detail as i like. I also LOVE American muscle cars, especially mustangs and Dodges. I like almost all types of car, be they stock or new but I'm trying to expand my reach of what i can build.

believe it or not I'm building a 65 Cadillac donk in lime green, this is to test my patience and see how it turns out. I kinda like donks, don't know why but i figured if i built one well it might look good.

I once felt guilty taking my young son to all the cars shows I went to ,so one day I ask him if he really liked to go to the shows and which cars did he like? Pondering a moment, he looked up and told me " Dad, I like the ones with the fire on the side."B)0906sr_10_z+1931_ford_model_a_coupe+right.jpg

I like Chevys, Fords, and Plymouths from the 30's through the 60's. Corvettes really turn me on. Gary B.

MAN I LOVE THE SMELL OF DIESEL FUMES IN THE MORNING!

movinonkenny74model.jpg

mainly im a red oval bloodline! < tim you know what im talking about!

MY favorite truck of all time (matter afact this is how i dream of mine looking like)

72chevyc10exteriorandwheels.jpg

lets see here anything yenko, sc/rambler, 68-72/4'sh novas,70 challenger ta/rt/hemi, 70/71 cuda aar/hemi etc... , 69 charger rt/hemi/general lee

hot rods of all kinds whether rat or show.

anything that has either historical significance! or is just plain "NEAT!"

NASCAR NUT (Earnhardt all the way!)

OH does ag equipment count!?

John Deere 4020 with rops system

and mainly any old John Deere tractor!

hint:

PICT0007-1.jpg