Model Cars Magazine Forum

Desert Scale Classic 7

Thank you to Cactus Car Modelers and their many sponsors for hosting another great model car show and swap meet.

I had a great time looking at all the entries and even entered five builds myself. My first time participating in a real model car contest. I didn't take home any awards, but I did win a kit in the raffle and had a great time chatting with other modelers.

I also found a few kits I've been looking for.

215687_206025209419578_100000363005661_738772_2642931_n.jpg

The 71 Charger is the kit I won in the raffle.

Thanks again for another great model car event!

David G.

Man I so wanted to get there this time. We're so short handed at work they went and left me in charge over the weekend!

Looks like I saved some $$ though!

G

You could've saved more if you were there... Based on retail/ebay prices, I must have saved at least $50 or $60 on the kits I picked up! :P

David G.

This was a great show this past weekend. A big thank you to the Cactus Car Modelers and to the MoonLight Modlers for putting on this show. Was a great time to be had by all. There were many beautiful builds and nice to see them in person. I wished that I could of met and talked with more of you but to those that I did get to meet and talk to, it was a pleasure, What a great bunch of guys. I look forward to to the show next year and plan on being there for sure. Thanks again everyone!

It was a great show, sold more than I thought we would and took some hardware home ;)

I did meet a few more new guys from MCM this year but still missed some of you again. We need to get them to announce a get together during the show or wear MCM badges.

I'm starting my plans for 2012.

Tom

Hey guys, glad to hear it was a good show. Hopefully, I can make it up from Tucson next year, sounds like it's worth it. I'm new to this forum but have been building models forever. It's kind of dead down here in Tucson when it comes to modeling so I'd like to see what goes on up there. My specialty is Northeast modifieds, both dirt and asphalt (being retired out here from NY). I have stuff posted on a few sites back east but nothing here yet. Is there a section on this forum to post that kind of build?

Thanks for the help.

Rob :lol:;)